Hera's Story

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hera has been awesome and requesting cuddles. Not anymore, I'm sure. I tricked her with a bowl of dog food with wet cat food on top. The flies were chewing her ears up and a spot on her hip.
P_20240523_070039.jpgP_20240523_194257.jpg

She was a gentle lady and did not bite my face off while I cleaned, sanatized then put aluminum bandage spray on. I did get the stink eye as she exited area post haste.
P_20240523_194606.jpg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ozel yelped today when i petted her ears. I looked and 2 ticks! So busy today did not have time to take care of them so tomorrow is tick removal day. I need to also get some apple flavored Ivermectin to give the dogs. Erick uses it instead of heartworm meds once a month. Did not need it in CA bit here in TX will need to worm every month.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ozel yelped today when i petted her ears. I looked and 2 ticks! So busy today did not have time to take care of them so tomorrow is tick removal day. I need to also get some apple flavored Ivermectin to give the dogs. Erick uses it instead of heartworm meds once a month. Did not need it in CA bit here in TX will need to worm every month.
I though ivermectin could kill dogs. ????

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, it can be used safely in proper dosages. It is used by vets for heartworm. Overdoses can be harmful and some breeds are more sensitive to it so you need to check about that. I also use Fenbendazole for worming. My champion contracted Giardia at a show right after heavy rains and it worked for that as well. My friend had taken him to a show and hers got Giardia right away. Ours were outside a lot on 6 acres so we didn't notice the diarrhea at first. Her vet diagnosed Giardia and prescribed Fenbendazole - he charged her about $700. She told me about it and that Ricky probably had it as well. By now we had noticed the diarrhea so I figured that was what Ricky had brought home. I dosed everyone with Fenbendazole for a week and it all cleared up. The dosage is written on the bottle (in California) so I can't tell you what it was except it was a much higher dose for Giardia than for monthly preventative worming. I will get the dose from Erick and let you know. Erick uses the apple flavored horse Ivermectin tubes since it is the same thing as the vet gives but a fraction of the price.

Latest posts