Coffee anyone ?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is now a good time to warn you guys I am training for a 52 mile race?
Why in the world I decided I wanted to run that race is far beyond me, but I guess I'm past the point of no return.
Maybe prepare yourselves, if your goal is to run 52 yards at once, I believe in you.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
There was a 1year warranty on the installation and we discovered it 18months in. The biggest issue is inside unit can not handle our humid and very dusty environment. Homeowners denied it because it was "improper design". 🤬

Current plan is to fix floor and put a package unit outside so no condensate overflows in wall. We should be able to resell the outside unit and electric heat coil sections of existing unit. Those are just undersized.
Should invest in mini split, very efficient, can do multiple rooms with multiple units to one compressor and can do supplemental heat too.
Is now a good time to warn you guys I am training for a 52 mile race?
Why in the world I decided I wanted to run that race is far beyond me, but I guess I'm past the point of no return.
Maybe prepare yourselves, if your goal is to run 52 yards at once, I believe in you.
At one time I'm pretty sure I could either keep up with you or out run you, don't know your age, but if I were to get back to running if we matched age for age I could do it again. Got a bad hip socket due to IED, but still can outrun the wife and she runs almost daily, I don't.
For Best Ranger Competition it’s 60 miles in 60 continuous hours with no sleep, interlaced with common Ranger tasks and tactics like shooting, land navigation, parachuting, obstacle courses and other events to push the limits of endurance with full battle rattle in combat boots.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Poka_Doodle have you considered the ironman triathlon? Of course, that has swim & bike plus run.🤷. Hey, if running is your thing....go for it. Maybe you watched Forrest Gump one time too many 🤣

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Should invest in mini split, very efficient, can do multiple rooms with multiple units to one compressor and can do supplemental heat too.
We investigated a 3zone mini split system. They would have same issue of condensate inside and filtration clogging as the crap standard system. We would also need to route line sets thru new holes in walls.

The heat pump package unit will be routed into the same pair of ducts built into house. We would get a 2 stage compressor with the extra filtration module.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We investigated a 3zone mini split system. They would have same issue of condensate inside and filtration clogging as the crap standard system. We would also need to route line sets thru new holes in walls.

The heat pump package unit will be routed into the same pair of ducts built into house. We would get a 2 stage compressor with the extra filtration module.
Condensate inside? Never had that problem with mine, holes in walls are no big deal, just finish over the last ones include blend them in and same with new holes. New holes in walls is only bad when going through brick, concrete or wall studs.
Hell all mini splits are mounted on exterior walls, not mine, I mounted mine on a interior wall and still made it work. Something not right.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well.. I am NOT in shape.... I don't do much...

And here I am walking several miles a day, and I am TIRED.

Very much not used to it.

Ya see, I have gone galavanting... left home Thursday, I will be back home Tuesday.

Latest posts