My first ND x Lamancha breeding

JosieAnn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I know it could vary but just want to get basic idea of what size kids should grow to be. This is a big, tall Lamancha doe, just avereage
ND size buck. Weight, heigth anyone with experience, would love to hear from you, TY

UPDATE: Today on social media someone posted her new Lamancha kids. Both from same momma...
One very tall correct and leggy, the other looked lke a tiny baby lamb. One for momma one for papa. guess I saw the proof in the puddin :D IMO you never know!

Last edited:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any of them. Depends on the doe and how those genes combine. I've had 7 lbs minis born. A lot of people report 4-6 pounders. So...I guess you can have kids from nigerian dwarf size up to standard size kids.
Which is NOT helpful at all, really.

JosieAnn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you, I just am curious as to what size to expect them to be as grown. LIke full size goat or maybe noticably smaller.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't have mini lamanchas yet, but my mini saanens are like lifted dwarves. They have a slightly larger than dwarf body with longer legs and are about 110-130 pounds. The 50:50's are more like 80-110 lbs.
Better feed efficiency, easier to keep weight on, CREAMY milk, much better than dwarf disposition, almost standard goat production and will to milk. Good deal animals.

The herd manager over at Buck Creek Stables has beautiful mini lamanchas. She has a youtube channel as well as a website and a fb. You can find more info on her websites probably, but I get the impression they are still a similar size to what I listed above. Next year we should have mini-manchas too.

Last edited:

JosieAnn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I don't have mini lamanchas yet, but my mini saanens are like lifted dwarves. They have a slightly larger than dwarf body with longer legs and are about 110-130 pounds. The 50:50's are more like 80-110 lbs.
Better feed efficiency, easier to keep weight on, CREAMY milk, much better than dwarf disposition, almost standard goat production and will to milk. Good deal animals.

The herd manager over at Buck Creek Stables has beautiful mini lamanchas. She has a youtube channel as well as a website and a fb. You can find more info on her websites probably, but I get the impression they are still a similar size to what I listed above. Next year we should have mini-manchas too.
Thank you so very much, and yes, yes, yes! I've read bout the feed efficiency and milk quality, that is what got me started. The Lamancha eats like a horse! Never knew a goat could eat so much lol

JosieAnn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I love your video, ty for the share!. Are the kids f1's? Are the doe pure bred? This shows an awesome size conparison.

JosieAnn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Any of them. Depends on the doe and how those genes combine. I've had 7 lbs minis born. A lot of people report 4-6 pounders. So...I guess you can have kids from nigerian dwarf size up to standard size kids.
Which is NOT helpful at all, really.
You hit the nail on the head ;) Saw the proof today

Latest posts