Palomino's Training Journal-Finally Moved

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fantastic eclipse pictures! I was on the outer skirts, but it was too cloudy anyway.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was talking to @Baymule today and realized how much had happened since I last updated!!

Our buyers here have sold their house and we are under contract in Kentucky so it is now official and we just need to get packed and moved May 7th! It has all been meant to work out. The same day our buyers sold their house, our KY realtor was told about a farm not yet on the market. It is perfect. Just enough land, new fencing, huge barn, nice house and amazing price! Also just outside the town where my driving friends and clients are so it should be good all around!
Pictures don't really do it justice. Haven't seen it in person ourselves but the realtor did a video call with us.

I only have 8-10 horses to move so that will be easier but there is a lot to go with them. Unlike @Ridgetop we have to make it in one trip. So two horse trailers, a cargo trailer and two Uhauls later we will get there! Family is coming to help drive all the vehicles.

I'm excited to finally have friends to go driving with! And to be so close to shows. Which brings me to my beautiful Coco. 😍
I have had some exceptional horses in several different breeds but I think he might just be one of the best yet! I wasn't going to get him unless we moved to Kentucky and it so happened that he arrived the day before our offer was accepted, which was also my birthday! He will be my CDE Pony as he is a 10yr old 12.2 Hackney. He does already drive but just basics. I only have 4 personal horses which leaves me plenty of time for client horses and shows. My feed bill is also thrilled!

View attachment 106434View attachment 106435View attachment 106436View attachment 106437View attachment 106438View attachment 106439
Oh WOW!!! HE'S AMAZING

Palomino

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I've been a bit busy as you can imagine! But we are just about packed! Loading begins Saturday and I make a trip up next Monday! Everything will be moved by Wednesday. Can't believe it's here already but I'm finally starting to get excited now that most of the packing is finished.
The horses are very much enjoying their time off!
1000009915.jpg
c02d0643-91cb-47ad-b9b1-e22f470d8cba-1_all_5458.jpg
1000008760.jpg
1000009748.jpg
1000008755.jpg

And I finally got the lanterns for my carriage! Managed to get some fitting done for the special harness as well. I'm looking forward to getting this Turnout together!
1000008700.jpg
1000009866.jpg

Palomino

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Finally! After nearly changing plans due to a tornado watch, realizing it would be worse the next day, and having to wait to close until after we were moved, due to the AR title company's slowness that they didn't seem to mind. One buyer was in CA and kept "forgetting" to sign papers. No power of attorney allowed. Everything had to be FedEx.:barnieIt all got done though. That was not as worrisome as moving the transporter and everyone else back a day only to have to change it to the original plan a few hours later. That all worked out too!

Moving week started Saturday with loading almost everything. We had some good help from friends in town and a few others we hired. Excellent piano movers too. They bundled and tied them perfectly. No scratches this time, yay! First Uhaul was for antiques, clothing and things we wanted right away. Loaded in no time at all. 2nd uhaul was for household junk, and some farm supplies like cattle panels that didn't fit in the cargo trailer. I was not around and apparently it was only stacked halfway with a cascade of shifting boxes. So the next day when friends came back, I climbed in to free up 2/3 of the uhaul by stacking better! Ended up fitting water tubs, jumps, and so much more in.

Monday was trying to figure out what the title companies and buyers were doing and running last minute errands as well as loading more. Tuesday was everything last minute, and rearranging plans to change them back again. My mom and dad left at 2am to make the signing in Ky and get ahead of the storms. Of course they hit a bad cell east of Little Rock, hail for 1.4hrs. Transporter left at 7am, but he didn't stop along the way like we did, and got into Ky by 6. The first uhaul, driven by a friend who flew in, left around 8, and my uncle driving the uhaul and cargo trailer, and my aunt and myself in their truck pulling my trailer with Coco pony and Rocket, left around 8:30.

We hit all the storms, including tornado warnings in Tennessee so it was a bit of a scary drive before we finally arrived at 11pm. The uhauls didn't arrive much earlier than we did so our movers canceled on us and we had to find all new people to help the next day. Thankfully a friend 's husband was able to come over and we had the best movers who even unloaded the piano and organ, bringing to an end 6 straight days of loading or unloading. I still have not done my trailer though!
1000010110.jpg
1000010229.jpg
Now we are slowly unpacking and making it home. My biggest job is the barn as it was not used much I think. New latches already on the doors that can stay, the rest need new doors, and I need to build more stalls. Plenty of room. It's 42x60 and only has 6 half size stalls currently!

It is beautiful here though. Good to be out in the country again but we are only 7 miles from town! And town is a typical historic central Kentucky spot with small businesses galore. (Tourism helps.) But it is also a bustling farm community with many places to buy fresh meats, vegetables, even raw milk, for dogs and cats of course. Just yesterday, there was a pop up market at Tractor Supply with all of the above and laying hens, rabbits, broilers, even a few puppies. All hatched by their hens, or raised from generations of their livestock. It is very fertile land with so much grass. They are already cutting hay. I'm looking to getting settled in and being able to explore it. Plus getting back to work again! We even had a bonus of seeing the aurora Friday night!

1000010077.jpg
1000010092.jpg

From the road
1000010155.jpg

1000010104.jpg

1000010326.jpg
1000010208.jpg

1000010185.jpg

Attachments

• 1000010093.jpg
    1000010093.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally! After nearly changing plans due to a tornado watch, realizing it would be worse the next day, and having to wait to close until after we were moved, due to the AR title company's slowness that they didn't seem to mind. One buyer was in CA and kept "forgetting" to sign papers. No power of attorney allowed. Everything had to be FedEx.:barnieIt all got done though. That was not as worrisome as moving the transporter and everyone else back a day only to have to change it to the original plan a few hours later. That all worked out too!

Moving week started Saturday with loading almost everything. We had some good help from friends in town and a few others we hired. Excellent piano movers too. They bundled and tied them perfectly. No scratches this time, yay! First Uhaul was for antiques, clothing and things we wanted right away. Loaded in no time at all. 2nd uhaul was for household junk, and some farm supplies like cattle panels that didn't fit in the cargo trailer. I was not around and apparently it was only stacked halfway with a cascade of shifting boxes. So the next day when friends came back, I climbed in to free up 2/3 of the uhaul by stacking better! Ended up fitting water tubs, jumps, and so much more in.

Monday was trying to figure out what the title companies and buyers were doing and running last minute errands as well as loading more. Tuesday was everything last minute, and rearranging plans to change them back again. My mom and dad left at 2am to make the signing in Ky and get ahead of the storms. Of course they hit a bad cell east of Little Rock, hail for 1.4hrs. Transporter left at 7am and he was fine but h
didn't stop along the way like we did and got into Ky by 6. The first uhaul, driven by a friend who flew in, left around 8, and my uncle driving the uhaul and cargo trailer, and my aunt and myself in their truck pulling my trailer with Coco pony and Rocket, left around 8:30.

We hit all the storms, including tornado warnings in Tennessee so it was a bit of a scary drive before we finally arrived at 11pm. The uhauls didn't arrive much earlier than we did so our movers canceled on us and we had to find all new people to help the next day. Thankfully a friend 's husband was able to come over and we had the best movers who even unloaded the piano and organ, bringing to an end 6 straight days of loading or unloading. I still have not done my trailer though! View attachment 108035View attachment 108036Now we are slowly unpacking and making it home. My biggest job is the barn as it was not used much I think. New latches already on the doors that can stay, the rest need new doors, and I need to build more stalls. Plenty of room. It's 42x60 and only has 6 half size stalls currently!

It is beautiful here though. Good to be out in the country again but we are only 7 miles from town! And town is a typical historic central Kentucky spot with small businesses galore. (Tourism helps.) But it is also a bustling farm community with many places to buy fresh meats, vegetables, even raw milk, for dogs and cats of course. Just yesterday, there was a pop up market at Tractor Supply with all of the above and laying hens, rabbits, broilers, even a few puppies. All hatched by their hens, or raised from generations of their livestock. It is very fertile land with so much grass. They are already cutting hay. I'm looking to getting settled in and being able to explore it. Plus getting back to work again! We even had a bonus of seeing the aurora Friday night!

View attachment 108031View attachment 108032
From the road
View attachment 108037
View attachment 108034
View attachment 108038View attachment 108039
View attachment 108041
You have landed in Heaven on earth!
Congrats, go slow and enjoy 😊

Latest posts