Apple Cider Vinegar - How much for Rabbits

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Been researching the benefits of apple cider vinegar in water for my rabbits. Can any one point me in the right direction on how much for three rabbits and should it be given daily? Understand the benefits. Just don't understand the amounts.

Thanks for any input.

K

Truscifi

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have not heard this - what are the benefits?

CCourson05

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It's 1 tablespoon per gallon of water for the first week or two. This is to acclimate the buns to the taste. Then 2 tablespoons per gallon there on out.

The benefits are less potent urine and digestive health.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
CCourson05 said:
It's 1 tablespoon per gallon of water for the first week or two. This is to acclimate the buns to the taste. Then 2 tablespoons per gallon there on out.

The benefits are less potent urine and digestive health.
Thanks so much for the input CCourson05. DH loves it and uses it as a metabolism/PH balancer for his body. You don't need Tums. Just need to adjust your PH in your body. Meaning people with heartburn. We are going to try it with our rabbits. See how it works. Sounds great if it does lessen the potent urine. Both Dobby and Willard can call you just with a squirt. Ammonia city. So I will look forward to seeing how this works for them.

Will let everyone know how it goes.

Again, thanks so much CCourson05.

K

Truscifi

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will try this.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, started the ACV with my rabbits just now. Willard was the first to drink and seems to really enjoy the new additive. Other two know it's there but haven't tried it yet. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks again CCourson05 for the informative input.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Just an update: Dobby has now tried the ACV and really looks like he doesn't mind it. Actually looks like he enjoyed it. Just like Willard

Kreacher is the only one left to see if he will drink it.

K

hoodat

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My rabbits all love ACV in their water. First be sure it is actual ACV and not just apple flavored. I buy the organic to be sure I get the real thing. It isn't all that expensive since it doesn't take much. There is nothing harmful in ACV and it acts as a good tonic as well as helping to avoid baldder infections. I don't bother measuring just put a small splash in each water bottle before filling it.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip regarding buying ACV at organic store. Which leads me to a question of what I have.

Would you consider something made from the juice of apples, diluted with water to 5% strength considered "Apple Flavored"?

Also did the small splash too in each water dish.

K

Stones_Chickens

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My rabbits first tried it after I added it to my Chicken's water. They all love it.