Banners & Bucks!!!

Tacobug52

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry for not updating you all but sooo much has happened!! So here’s the rundown :)

The night before me and my sister had the leave for fair my mom said that we wouldn’t be able to go because my dad was fighting a big fire and he wouldn’t be back home for a few days, and my moms hands where both out of commission so if we had to evacuate she needed me to help get my grandpa in the car (he can’t walk anymore). But at 4 AM!!! my dad came back home and my mom woke us both up to get ready, so we spent the next 3 hours getting ready because we had to be there a 8 AM for check in and it’s an hour drive.

We got there weighed the turkeys mine was 27.5 and my sisters was 21.8 (the smallest one), we got them set up in there pen and pitched the tent, then my mom went back home because this year it was just going to be me and my sister at fair so we stayed with our friends. That night my and my best friend Faith went to the 4h dance, there was also steer weigh in and hers was the lights steer (1092). The next day me and my sister had show, I placed 4th in showmanship and 5th in market so it was pretty good. Thursday I had barn duty and that day me and Faith just chilled. On Friday Faith had her steer show, so I helped get her steer ready she placed 7th in her showmanship class and 3rd in market, her steer sucked he was running every where and was pulling on her a lot thankfully she didn’t get hurt like last year. On Saturday we just chilled again, I had barn duty and we went to the carnival that night. Sunday: The Auction I got $30/pound!!! that’s $824 I think the funny thing is my friends dad actually bought him, unfortunately Faith only got $3.75/pound which is probably the lowest a steers been sold at our fair. That night my mom and other siblings came to go to the carnival, we also packed up that day to leave. The next Tuesday I think we went to butcher our clubs turkeys and some of our roosters, so I now know how to butcher birds. Overall this years fair went really good! Next year I think I’m going to raise a steer so if you guys want updates on here about that let me know! :) I also want the say thanks to you guys for all the support I also want to thank Mcgarre Construction for purchasing my turkey (check him out he does an amazing job with construction!). Again thank you all so much I can’t wait for next year and I hope to share it all with you guys!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry for not updating you all but sooo much has happened!! So here’s the rundown :)

The night before me and my sister had the leave for fair my mom said that we wouldn’t be able to go because my dad was fighting a big fire and he wouldn’t be back home for a few days, and my moms hands where both out of commission so if we had to evacuate she needed me to help get my grandpa in the car (he can’t walk anymore). But at 4 AM!!! my dad came back home and my mom woke us both up to get ready, so we spent the next 3 hours getting ready because we had to be there a 8 AM for check in and it’s an hour drive.

We got there weighed the turkeys mine was 27.5 and my sisters was 21.8 (the smallest one), we got them set up in there pen and pitched the tent, then my mom went back home because this year it was just going to be me and my sister at fair so we stayed with our friends. That night my and my best friend Faith went to the 4h dance, there was also steer weigh in and hers was the lights steer (1092). The next day me and my sister had show, I placed 4th in showmanship and 5th in market so it was pretty good. Thursday I had barn duty and that day me and Faith just chilled. On Friday Faith had her steer show, so I helped get her steer ready she placed 7th in her showmanship class and 3rd in market, her steer sucked he was running every where and was pulling on her a lot thankfully she didn’t get hurt like last year. On Saturday we just chilled again, I had barn duty and we went to the carnival that night. Sunday: The Auction I got $30/pound!!! that’s $824 I think the funny thing is my friends dad actually bought him, unfortunately Faith only got $3.75/pound which is probably the lowest a steers been sold at our fair. That night my mom and other siblings came to go to the carnival, we also packed up that day to leave. The next Tuesday I think we went to butcher our clubs turkeys and some of our roosters, so I now know how to butcher birds. Overall this years fair went really good! Next year I think I’m going to raise a steer so if you guys want updates on here about that let me know! :) I also want the say thanks to you guys for all the support I also want to thank Mcgarre Construction for purchasing my turkey (check him out he does an amazing job with construction!). Again thank you all so much I can’t wait for next year and I hope to share it all with you guys!
Awesome! Glad your Dad got home from the fire (there are so many fires out there 😕) and you got to go to the fair. It sounds like a great time was had by all! Huge congrats on your turkey and WOW on the price/lb!!! WTG!