Baymule’s 2025 Lambing

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Absolutely not going to be the same. For one thing I plan to try breeding for fall, winter, and early summer lambs only. I plan to avoid breeding for spring lambs due to parasites and Coccy. Rotational grazing leaving minimum 4" grass on the grazed pastures and moving them through faster will help with parasites. Having DH cut the high old growth after we move them onto the new pasture will help regrowth. I still need to do soil tests.

DS1 told me that currently Yantis is having hot weather with the nights dropping to 75 degrees so I told DS1 to IMMEDIATELY put the new ram in with the ewes. The article Baymule posted said that lower temps at night will contribute to a better rate of breeding.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sorted out heavy bred ewes and put them in front field. That moved them away from Sentry, the baby thief. I took Rocky’s girls except for Beauty and Pinto and put them in middle field. Their due dates are far enough out that they will be safe with Sentry. Looks like Rocky will have a lonely winter, watching Little Ringo and Cooper having all the fun.

I turned Little Ringo out in the front field with his two ewes, the heavy bred ewes and the 7 ewes I want him to breed.

So, fall lambs? Winter lambs? Spring lambs?
All of the above. Stupid sheep.