can't catch a break

backyardduck

Just born
Reaction score
Can't a girl just catch a break!? I have been looking high and low for a pygmy doe/doeling that is hornless. I am on cape cod,..and I don't expect to find it next door, but geesh I can't seem to find one anywhere within reasonable travel time. I even called the 4h and they said not really a sought after breed, so not many to be found. Should it be this hard to find? is it because they are not really sought after?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
If you are talking pygmy goats, they are big in Ohio. You could find plenty of farms around here. What about Nigerian Dwarfs? I know they aren't exactly the same but maybe you could find one of those near you. :idunno

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
try nigerian dwarf kinda like the same thing but nigerians give more milk

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have you checked on the NPGA website for breeders closer to you?

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am running into the same problem in Southcentral PA. I have been looking for a registered pygmy buck. Seems like everyone wants to sell me dwarfs instead and keeping the pygmies to themselves. LOL!

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
LOL it is the other way around here everyone is getting rid of their pygmies and buying nigerians i know it's the milk thing but come on lol it took me forever to find my pygmies now they are for sale everywhere around here