Confused About Loose Minerals

Chebird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morning! I'm confused about loose minerals. I have read that many people leave out minerals free choice for their goats. I bought Manna Pro goat minerals, and there is a caution on the bag stating not to let them eat more than the recommended amount. I've tried to hand-feed my guys a small amount, but they won't touch it. We have only had them a few days, and so far, their diet has been weeds, alfalfa, and Bermuda grass. How do you all feed minerals?

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning! I'm confused about loose minerals. I have read that many people leave out minerals free choice for their goats. I bought Manna Pro goat minerals, and there is a caution on the bag stating not to let them eat more than the recommended amount. I've tried to hand-feed my guys a small amount, but they won't touch it. We have only had them a few days, and so far, their diet has been weeds, alfalfa, and Bermuda grass. How do you all feed minerals?

I mix mine with the pellet goat feed and BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds) :)

Chebird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you all! I think I'm going to try to mix the minerals in with a little horse complete food (they love my old Arab's soaked food). I'm a little afraid to leave out free minerals in case the horse gets into it.

CrazyFarmers

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
IMG_3148.PNG
I saw a pretty cool feeder made from pvc pipe I'm gonna try it with my boys

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
My guess on the blue stuff would be cobalt.

For those of you that live near NE the absolute best minerals are from Wicks Livestock Nutrition. I'm in CA and I pay to have them shipped to me. My husband is bringing me home a pallet of them right now. He went to NE for minerals and to Iowa to pick up my new barn kit. He loves a good road trip.

Latest posts