DID I KILL HER!??

Tonkatuff

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I accidently overdosed my pygym goat with a tetanus Antitoxin injection... I read the dosage instructions for the C & D antitoxin thinking it was for the tetanus antitoxin!! Is she going to die?? :he

DouglasPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I don't know....but someone with more experience will answer soon.
:hugs

First, can you please tell us how much you gave her?

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How much did you inject???? 2 ml????? I always wait to make sure no reactions happen if I inject anything???

She should be fine as well...anything not used is passed thru urine...so bring her some nice warm water with a tastey spoon of molasses so she will drink plenty!!!

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Keep us updated. We keep epinephrine on hand for our goats just in case of allergic reaction.

Tonkatuff

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok if it was going to kill her it would've happened quickly? becasue she seems fine, nibbling her hay and drinking water... I gave her 3mls of the antitoxin :smack Is there any possibility she could get sick from it tomorrow or later in the week?

Thank you all for your input!

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
No, if something was going to happen to her, it would happen quick. That wasn't too bad of an overdose. Naturally you wouldn't want to do that to her again but obviously this once didn't hurt her. We all can easily make that mistake. At least you realized it and watched her. Glad she is ok.

warthog

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up, mistakes happen, and she seems to be doing OK. :thumbsup