Did some goat shopping last weekend and this is what I got.

fairview610

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I usually stick with dairy goats but I wanted more goats but no more milkers so I went after this doe and her buckling. He is HUGE!!! He was born 3/23/12. I am going to band him and keep him :D
2012-05-20135828-1.jpg

While there the guy said he had a older Saanan for sale, he told he he only bought her because the ppl wgho had her were goignt on shoot her. She is very thin, I wormed her and had her checked out. She had some worms but other wise in good health just old. I guess she has reached her retirement home, just hoping she is not bred!
2012-05-20135813-1.jpg

ILuvSheep

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Aw, poor old girl. Glad you rescued her!

fairview610

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks! After he told me the people who he got her from were going to shoot her, I could not leave her. :th The guy only bought her so she would not get shot, he raises meat goats and had no use for her. The people told him she was a excellent milker, I just dont understand how people can be so cruel!!! :somad There is no way I could do that, I have such a close relationship with my milk girl...just broke my heart:hit She is such a sweet heart, cant wait to see how she looks after some good groceries! :pop

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congrats!!! Oh my, that is a big boy!!! Her milk must pack some serious punch lol.

fairview610

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words. The saanen doe has gained very little weight but she has been alot more active. When she first came here she rarely moved now she is rarely lying down, always up grazing or where ever we are. She is such a sweet and friendly girl!

We have weaned the boy since he was very very close to three months and now bigger than mom. He is dong wonderfully. Such a big baby! I really dont need another buck but he is going to stay, so more than likely have him weathered :D