Drawing

Little One

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else is interested in talking about drawing or even drawing/painting!? I mostly draw in graphite, but I want to get back into painting and colored pencil.

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:frow Oh Oh Pick Me!! I'll talk drawing/painting with you. Haven't done much of it in the past few years... but I LOVE it! Mostly drawing. Graphite is my favorite. It is so flexible and versatile and you can get every little detail you want without being a royal mess. I never really picked up those same skills with painting. I have done a few halfway decent ones, but I am definitely better with my penciles. When I DO paint, acrylic is the medium of choice. I am an impatient girl and waiting for oil to dry drives me nuts. And I think I tend to approach it the same way I approach acrylics, which you can't really do because they are sooooo very different. I have a good friend who offered to give me some tips on oil painting, buuut still haven't gotten around to it. *Sigh* Such is life.

flemish lops

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I injoy drawing! Im not that good at it but I really injoy it. Here is my latest drawing that I did with pencil.

3471_kims_drawings_015.jpg

Thats a great pic you drew Jhamblin

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
jhamblin & flemish lops

Really like your art work. I haven't picked up a pencil to draw in a while.

K

Little One

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
DKRabbitry- I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. I've never seemed to be able to catch on to the painting. Especially watercolors. Eek! :rolleyes: I always go back to just black and white graphite drawing. I think I might be able to make the leap into colored pencils one day. I did buy a huge set of prismacolors that were on sale once, I just haven't felt brave enough to use them yet. I am mostly self taught and I did take every art class possible in high school. Well, my biggest teacher would actually be my mom when I was growing up (and she still is). She has sold quite a few commissioned drawings, pastels, and acrylic paintings. She has a website, but usually sells mostly on eBay. I am thinking of going back to school and becoming a high school art teacher. Oh, and I have never been able to get into the abstract side of art... I always go for realism.

jhamblin & flemish lops- Thanks for sharing your drawings! I love the interpretation of the rooster, and how the attitude comes through! Lol. And don't say you're not that good at it, the little guy peeking out of the pocket is great. The face is so detailed, I wouldn't change a thing.

Keep sharing your drawings, everybody! I have to go look and see if I have any pics of my drawings to share.

ETA:
photo-L.jpg

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You can't really say you're not that good at drawing. Another thing I love about it. Each person has their own style so you really can't compare to other people. Just because a cartoonist can't draw a realistic cow, doesn't make them not good, just means they have a different style :)

That is a really sharp rooster!!! What medium did you use?

I LOVE the mousie! I raise mice and I think they are the cuteslt little things. I think yor shading is really good, there is really god depth to the pocket. Doesn't look flat.

WOWY Little One. That is awesome :) Your blending is great! Do you use something particular to blend with? I love my blending stumps, but use anything I have available that will work out.

I can't find many good drawings that I have photos of already. I did find a TON of paintings though LOL I tend to give away paintings more than drawings so I make sure to get photos of them before they leave my possesion so I have it for my portfolio.

Some pencil drawings...

3525_pencil1.jpg

3525_pencil2.jpg

3525_pencil3.jpg

Litterally the only 2 oils that have ever turned out decent for me....

3525_oil1.jpg

3525_oil2.jpg

Annnnnnd some Acrylics....

3525_acrylic3.jpg

3525_acrylic2.jpg

3525_acrylic4.jpg

This one is watercolor...

3525_watercolor.jpg

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OMG I am soooo jealous. :drool I have wanted to be able to draw or paint my entire life. Have done some acrylics, but one day I just had to face facts....:hide I love doing it, I can do it for my enjoyment, but.... I STINK at it. :lol: You guys are all really talented and I envy you more than you can ever know.:thumbsup

redtailgal

Reaction score
I can draw a straight line, with a ruler IF my pencil is sharp and I hold my mouth just right.

Thats about all that I can draw.

Wonderful drawings and painting folks! You are all very talented!

Latest posts