Goat horns stuck in the fence? Not any more!!!

TxMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My not-so-bright Gordon was getting his head and horns stuck in the fence on a daily basis. I kept thinking..."Well hopefully he learned to not do THAT again." Then, the next day, he would get stuck again. Dunce! I had to check on him constantly all day so he wouldn't get seriously hurt or strangled. It's a good thing I'm always home to save his butt.

We tried thinking of ways to fix the fence, like using smaller mesh attached on the inside (expensive), or using electric wire, or tying him to the center of the pasture (not really)...and then I remembered reading somewhere to tie a stick to his horns so he could not fit through the fence holes. It WORKS!!! :celebrate :weee My husband had a little too much fun with this idea:

19371_p1010714jpg.jpg

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You should market that.

:gig

Nice looking goat, btw.. I always love to see a boer that's as clean and white as Gordon is...makes me feel better about life for some reason.

TxMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm glad after all my frustration with this crazy goat, I could at least brighten other people's days. :D

Oh, and I can't market that idea...I just stole it off the internet. Thanks for the compliment, cmjust...I feel like I spoil my boys rotten, but they are soooo unappreciative, most of the time. The grass is always greener on the OTHER side of the fence...even if it's a brand new fence and the grass (and underbrush, and weeds, and their favorite dewberry vines) are EXACTLY THE SAME! :he They just want to be where I DON'T want them to be...simple as that.

mully

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is way too funny :lol: I have to laugh every time I look at that picture...I especially like the signage :lol: Thanks for this one !!!!

trestlecreek

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:lol:
I used to duct tape PVC pipes to my goats horns....it works!!

trestlecreek

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:lol: It's like gold when you have a trouble maker or one with horns that have that twist on the end.. :weee