Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

I have been trained again, I feel the need to rush to the barn and check heifers! They are calling for rain/snow showers today? Maybe I will stay in and get my files ready for next tax season?(yea right)

Kitty, you changed your plans because of rain and wind?

Wynedot, good luck at the evil oral surgeons today!

sparkles2307

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We also have rain/snow forecast today... thank goodness only one cows is due this minute and she is experienced enough to not drop it in a puddle! Massive flooding, good thing we live on a "hill" (they call the funniest things "hills" here in MN...)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I rescheduled it due to rain and wind. It's a cold rain and wind and I didn't want to deal with rain, appt, grocery, and farm shopping as well as dragging a four year old.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Yes, I rescheduled it due to rain and wind. It's a cold rain and wind and I didn't want to deal with rain, appt, grocery, and farm shopping as well as dragging a four year old.
Kinda funny if you think about it!
Doing our running around on cold rainy windy days, is just part of life around here!
Give us an inch or two of snow, and everything STOPS!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Doing our running around on cold rainy windy days, is just part of life around here!
And here an inch or two is normal WINTER weather. The rain is normal for spring but, the thought of dealing with it and 6 or 7 stops and a year old was just more than I cared to deal with today. No energy and my back reminding me of my age-I decided home sounded good.

sparkles2307

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
I remember that, lol. We lived in WA for 7 years and I remember record snowfall was 6 inches... now look at me up to my belly in snow 7 months out of the year!!! What was I thinking!?! :)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
sparkles2307 said:
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
I remember that, lol. We lived in WA for 7 years and I remember record snowfall was 6 inches... now look at me up to my belly in snow 7 months out of the year!!! What was I thinking!?! :)
What were you thinking?
Kitty and WBR's winter weather reports, make my cold rainy windy days sound pretty good!
Even the message my mom had on her answering machine, said something to the effect of, if it's nice out, we're working on the farm, if it's nasty out, we've gone shopping!

sparkles2307

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Tee hee well i guess if you ignore the mosquitoes and wood ticks and the occasional tornado really I havent found a nicer summer than in Minnesota. Washington has nicer winters, and they flood about the same... Wyoming was always windy but had like, zero bug population. Of course, it takes 5 acres to feed one cow there...so thats no good for us!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
thanks kitty 4yr olds are fun.i loved toting my neices an nephews around at that age.but then again i was in my mid 20s when they was calves.ill be in my mid 40s with this new calf coming on.an i wont get to tote it around.except when they home for holidays.

sparkles2307

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
thanks kitty 4yr olds are fun.i loved toting my neices an nephews around at that age.but then again i was in my mid 20s when they was calves.ill be in my mid 40s with this new calf coming on.an i wont get to tote it around.except when they home for holidays.
Enjoy that! It must be nice to be able to send them home at the end of the day!!! :)