Good Morning!--Chat thread

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think that's why I'm glad that my cows are pets! No paper trail.Or I'm I sopose to do some????? My dad was go to bank pay bills, get the roll hay in the back yard. Need help to get it on the plank. Just don't have the body power to roll it up on to it.I though I could but my body told me difernt. :old :barnie

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
well yall should see my computer area.i have a notebook with all my reg papers.i have tractor books stacked up.i have 3 calves i need to reg.i need to transfer simbas papers in my name.plus theres 2 piles of mags by my reclincer.plus 3yrs of beefmaster cowmen put up somewhere.as well as 3 or 4yrs of polled herefords world here somewhere.
I'm not even going to admit what my computer area looks like!
And, just what 3 calves do you have to register?

Went to the barn to find my missing jacket and got trapped by the rain, so I started cleaning out the hay storage pen!
What a mess!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Holy smokes!
It's after 5 o'clock?
I sat down in my comfy chair to change the channel on the TV!
Must have just plain passed out?
I guess I should go do my 3 o'clock chores?

Hot water tanks are not needed!
If ours ever dies, it will just have to be cold showers around here!
It's buried deep in the packed junk closet, in the packed junk room!
I don't want to ever have to dig that thing out!

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
sounds like your day got away from ya! And I have a room like that, If hubby;s want to go diving again, his stuff is buried deep two in our junk room school stuff, yard sale stuff, model airplane stuff, oh look :ep I think it should be the drive gear way in the back :th

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to do a bit of last minute cleaning out of the large animal unit until over an hour past closing time because we a 3-year old simmi cow come in with a calf twisted up in her so the vet had to do a c-section on her to get the calf out.

Got a healthy live bull calf as a result. :D I wouldn't know the weight but he looked pretty big. Probably around 100 lb.

Had to haul 4 loads of garbage out to the dump today to. Course the dogs had to tag along. :p

It was smoky last night from all the fires around Edmonton. Got me all snuffed up, but it was better this morning.

And boy is it dry! No fire ban in place, but dry enough to have one in place (not sure why the county doesn't have one issued yet. :rolleyes: ) I hope we get some rain soon, it's much needed.

Yeah I had a fun day today.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I hope you get rain soon!

Hot water heater is a necessity in the milk house! The house too for that matter. Without hot water the pipeline and bulktank will never get clean and that spells trouble.

It's in place with the plumbing hooked up. DH was doing the electrical when I came to the house.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Jay is down this morning. DH Ived her a bottle of calcium and no improvement. We'll have to have the vet out for her.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

I'm supposed to be making a stew for Hubby's fishing trip!
Is he leaving today or tomorrow? Do I make the stew today or tomorrow? Do I pack the camper today or tomorrow?
I DON'T KNOW!

Kitty, hope Jay is ok!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Make the stew today and then it's done. If it's DH going on the fishing trip and not you, let him pack the camper.

I hope so too. I called the vet and was told it will probably be a couple hours before someone comes out as there is a time frame after giving the calcium before they can do more.