Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Make the stew today and then it's done. If it's DH going on the fishing trip and not you, let him pack the camper.

I hope so too. I called the vet and was told it will probably be a couple hours before someone comes out as there is a time frame after giving the calcium before they can do more.
I always pack the camper! We have a good thing going here! I do what ever I can to make his life easier and he puts up with me!
I think he's getting the short end of the deal!
I backed out of this trip so he could take his buddies fishing!
One of them builds big stuff for a living! He is going to help him get started on my new loft! Building over the pens is the easy part, we're not sure how to extend it safely, over to the doors.

What do they do when the calcium don't work?

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well im moving slow today.have family coming in later tonite.be the 1st time in almost year my aunt has been home.uncle has came in a few times to check on his mom.thewife i have to reg a black granite bull calf.a simba heifer calf an a grand cheerokee heifer an transfer simba.kitty did you give jay the calicum in the vain.hope the vet can get her up.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
thewife i have to reg a black granite bull calf.a simba heifer calf an a grand cheerokee heifer an transfer simba.kitty did you give jay the calicum in the vain.hope the vet can get her up.
I don't understand?
Can you register mythological calves?
Cause I know, after all of our asking, begging, pleading and whining, if you had calves to register, you would have already posted pictures of them on here for all of us to see!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot, she's referring to the fact that we never see pics!

Yes, we gave the calcium in the vein. What to do if that doesn't work? Good question! The vet just left and even though it's rare for a first calf heifer to get milk fever he did give her more calcium. Both IVed in the vein and under the skin (takes longer to absorb so it lasts longer but, only do if they have had one in the vein) The one in the vein he added phossphorus(sp?) and dextaminzone (I believe, it's the steriod and anti-inflamitory). He took a blood sample before hand to send to the lab. We're having everything run. It will give not only her calcium and phosphorus levels but, things like the muscle emzines (which will tell us if she has a muscle injury). That won't be in until tomorrow morning.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Ok, the rain can stop NOW!
I really need to get some outside stuff done!
The mama gooses are pacing, they want to bring their babies out, I won't let them!
Not when even the ducks are hiding out in the bird barn!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
becareful treating her for milkfever.an your right it is very rare for a 1st calf heifer to have milkfever.we had a 1st calf heifer have milk fever years ago.the vet treated her.an he accadently overdosed her.an she later died.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Geez, how much did he give her? It was 4 hours between DH giving her some and the vet. So she should be fine.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
i think he give her 2 bottles in the vain.
That is to much. He should have given one under the skin so it absorbed slowly that way, they don't get OD on it.