Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Everybody sounds too busy today!
Gotta finish up Hubby's stew, maybe move the boat so I can hose it out better, then maybe water plants?
It's not supposed to rain, hopefully my garden will dry out enough I can plant my poor little marigolds?

Oh, I have a new bird coming in too eat with the yard birds!
I will try to get a picture today!

Kitty, if Jay is down too long, does it end her milking career?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Probably. We will be hand milking her but, it depends on how long she is down. She's not eating the greatest (pain, I would imagine) so then her production will drop. Depending on how well she is when/if she gets up to what we do--ship or breed back and send out to pasture.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
Probably. We will be hand milking her but, it depends on how long she is down. She's not eating the greatest (pain, I would imagine) so then her production will drop. Depending on how well she is when/if she gets up to what we do--ship or breed back and send out to pasture.
Well I know sometimes they can surprise you!
We had one go down in the back 80, we put her calf on a bottle, packed her food and water for close to a week! One day she came walking out of the wood work? Put her in the barn with her calf! She called to it, it started nursing, it was like nothing ever happened?

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Well, things are going good so far!

Found the bills Hubby was supposed to mail today, still sitting on the table!
So far I have watered 6 plants, the top of the fridge, my cow charts and the garbage!
There are no peas for my stew! I put in some green beans for color, but it just ain't right!
Afraid to try putting the truck on blocks!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I hate to tell you but, you didn't need to water the top of the fridge, the cow charts and the garbage! :hugs

The guys proberly won't notice the difference between the peas and greenbeans, or at least my DH wouldn't.

I would skip the truck on blocks today.

I'm working on the lap quilt. The stitching on the binding isn't going to be as nice as it should be. It seems that sore and slightly swollen wrists and sewing do not compliment each other but, I need to get it done!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
I hate to tell you but, you didn't need to water the top of the fridge, the cow charts and the garbage! :hugs

The guys proberly won't notice the difference between the peas and greenbeans, or at least my DH wouldn't.

I would skip the truck on blocks today.

I'm working on the lap quilt. The stitching on the binding isn't going to be as nice as it should be. It seems that sore and slightly swollen wrists and sewing do not compliment each other but, I need to get it done!
You mean watering the cow charts, won't make the herd grow?

I think I should skip watering the plants that are hanging over the boys expensive TV?

What did you do to your wrists?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
No the herd won't grow by watering the cow charts.

Yes, you had better skip watering the plants over the boys expensive TV.

One wrist. Sir Roo attacked last night and I took several hits to the back of my hand, wrist, and forearm before I could get him caught. He is in a pen by himself right now. I'll have to let him out to keep the girl's eggs fertile and once I'm done hatching he's SOUP!