Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Went fishing tonight. We just shore fish. DH caught 3 fish, kept 2. Kute Kitten caught 1 fish, kept it. Kute Kitten helped clean the fish and DH went to do something else? I didn't catch them! We scaled them and gutted them and left them for DH to finish! :D
Cool!
What kind of fish did they catch?
blue gill

I checked out my soon new to be loft and counted my chicks!
11 of the 12 eggs hatched! Won't Hubby be pleased?(not)
YEAH! She was covering a lot of eggs! I hope I get that kind of hatch rate this time!

GrassFarmerGalloway,
My geese do a good job of keeping the parts of the yard down, that no one want to mow!
I also enjoyed watching my step brats freak out when they were out, but my Bernie dog has learned to protect people from them, no fun anymore!

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday me and Mom went on a greenhouse Mother's Day shopping spree, visiting some greenhouses around the countryside. We found that the plants there seem to be better than the ones in town!

Took some pictures too yesterday and today. Dunno when I'll upload them, maybe tomorrow if I'm still awake from work. The grass is really coming up now, btw, and the leaves are just starting to pop out.

Oh and Mom had a run-in with a skunk last night. Scared the daylights out of her when she found the little guy in the garage. :ep :lol: Nothing bad happened, just she decided to move the cat food station to the more secure quanset instead of the easily-accessible-by-wildlife-and-feral-cats garage. So far so good.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
skunks in garages are no fun.we had a skunk hide in the garage.an come out an eat the dogs food.took a few days to find an kill him.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Skunks are no fun! We had one here awhile ago that would spray while I was out doing morning chores. I have no idea what was making it spray or where is was except it wasn't a strong enough smell to be around the buildings. I always worried that it would come up by the buildings and I would be the one that scared it by coming around the corner in the dark or something similar.

We got chores and milking done, I made DH's breakfast and had enough pancake mix for Kute Kitten's breakfast. Asked DH if he could manage to make her breakfast and when he said yes, I headed out to disk. I got in just short of an hour before I had to quit.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but they are calling more rain for tonight and into tomorrow so then it will be put disking on hold again. This clay takes more time to dry out than alot of other soils. The 3 tenths we had overnight Friday night through things off all weeked for disking--after all the rain such a short time ago it's touchy yet. DH tried to plow over the weekend and was just spinning to much. I have the field disk over just short of 2 times. We'll disk it once more and then drag and seed down.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Looks like a beautiful day, if your a fish!
I have to go out there and do some pen repair so I can move the chicks! Of course all the repairs will put me out in the rain!

My dogs love skunks! If they can't get to it and bring it too me, they will show where it is, so I can can help them get it! Hubby gets a little crabby when I shoot them under or near his shop.