Good Morning!--Chat thread

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, guys! Long time, no see! :) I've been keeping way too busy away from home to check in lately, but I'm back (sort of) and will try to pop in from time to time.

Things here are good...our two Highland calves are growing like little weeds, and we're waiting for another breeder to come and give his experienced opinion on both since we're thinking T-Bone, who was intended to be in the freezer in 2010, might actually be a really good breeding bull instead, and maybe sweet Annabel is freezer-destined.

My chicken flock was killed by a coyote about a month ago, but this weekend their legacy - 27 fertile eggs left behind that our Grange Master is incubating for me - are expected to start hatching. I've never done chicks before, so I'm nervous but excited.

Our gardens are in (finally), the grass is growing (finally, but now so are the bracken fern, drat), and life is good. :)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your chickens. I hope :fl you have a good hatch from their eggs.

If T-bone turns out to be a keeper bull, will you change his name? Sorry to hear that Annabel may end up in the freezer instead. It's one thing to know from the beginning that they are freezer bound but, another to think you are keeping them and they end up there instead-harder as one allows themselves to become more attached. :hugs

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I'm supposed to be cleaning out the boat, but that sounds like work!
An out of town nephew and my Hubby were talking fishing last night. When I told them they might as well go this weekend, we can't hay, it's supposed to rain, I thought they were going to start dancing in the barn yard!

Mare, the girls do look happy and content!

Kitty, I remember the last day of school for the boy! A few weeks later, I would wish school was year round!

Amysflock, did you get your self a gun for the coyote?

Still waiting to hear where there are Beefmasters in Washington!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kute Kitten will be wanting school to start in a couple weeks. She loves school and would be happy with going year around.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well this day was great! I just finish getting thur the posted. I quess when you snooze you have alot to catch up on. I'm glad I only had one load of wash today. I guess I better go cut out that wedding dress. That way I don't feel quilt about being on the comp. since this moring. I 'll keep checking in so I won't get to far behind again!!! :gig

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
afternoon all i finally drugg back in.went to town to get a bunch of rabon fly blocks an only came home with 1.an i needed 8 of them.them i got chicken an cow feed.thewife ill look up that herd in washington.an get back to you.kitty i bet the girls will be fighting in 4 days.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
4 days? Wow! I wouldn't give them that long. It's usually a daily event! :lol:

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Sorry to hear about your chickens. I hope :fl you have a good hatch from their eggs.

If T-bone turns out to be a keeper bull, will you change his name? Sorry to hear that Annabel may end up in the freezer instead. It's one thing to know from the beginning that they are freezer bound but, another to think you are keeping them and they end up there instead-harder as one allows themselves to become more attached. :hugs
I think we should change T-Bone's name to something that'll sound nicer registered, but I don't know if we will. (Neither calf has been registered yet, nor tatooed.) It would be difficult to beef out Annabel, but if her confirmation isn't right for breeding, it's not right to sell her to anyone, and we are too small to keep a pet cow. If she IS right for breeding, we'll sell her, too, and wait to see what we get for our next two calves in the winter. :)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
since you want to sell reg cattle.your doing right by culling anything that isnt a breeder.