Has anyone heard of Poulin Rabbit feed?

RabbitBreederLady

Just born
Reaction score
I purchased 50 lbs and my rabbits are not eating it too happily. I used to use Blue Seal or Big Red from Agway. Is this a good product? Anyone use it? 18% protien.

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
RabbitBreederLady said:
I purchased 50 lbs and my rabbits are not eating it too happily. I used to use Blue Seal or Big Red from Agway. Is this a good product? Anyone use it? 18% protien.
We use the 16% Poulin feed and are VERY pleased with it. Our rabbits look and more importantly...'feel' good. Their bodies are solid feeling .. not flabby. Litters grow well on it. We're glad we found it !!

hoodat

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
RabbitBreederLady said:
Some rabbits don't like a change of brand no matter the quality of the feed. If you have any of the feed you have been using left you can mix it half and half till he rabbits get used to the new feed. I'm fortunate there. My rabbits seem to eat whatever I put in front of them so long as it isn't stale. If I keep feed around too long and it loses its fresh odor I'll find it on the floor next day.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
hoodat said:
RabbitBreederLady said:
Some rabbits don't like a change of brand no matter the quality of the feed. If you have any of the feed you have been using left you can mix it half and half till he rabbits get used to the new feed. I'm fortunate there. My rabbits seem to eat whatever I put in front of them so long as it isn't stale. If I keep feed around too long and it loses its fresh odor I'll find it on the floor next day.
X2. I mixed the brand my breeder gave with what I buy now with full success. It's a matter of percentages. You wean them off one brand by combining. That's the easiest way to do it. And it's not stressful to their systems. If I change my dog food, I do the same thing. Wean them off one brand to another. And if they don't like it, just keep trying until you find the brand they will eat. And believe me, if they are hungry, they will eat. See we spoil our animals also unconsciously. And regarding stale, you better believe they will turn it down. Or eat it and possible throw off their system. So you need to watch about freshness and storage. :)

hoodat

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You should see those pellets fly when I give them feed they don't approve of. You'd better not get too close or you'll have pellet marks on your face. :hide

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
hoodat said:
You should see those pellets fly when I give them feed they don't approve of. You'd better not get too close or you'll have pellet marks on your face. :hide
:lol: X2 on that. Rabbits KNOW what they want and will let you know when they don't agree with your choice. :plbb