Currently in WA state, but making a big move to OK in the next month or so
I mainly raise rabbits, for meat, show, and pelts
But we've also got a medium sized herd of cattle
And horses/pony

Anyone else in OK?

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I will be around the first of the new year, coming from TX. I will be in the Fort Sill area.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greeting triple "R" and welcome to BYH from the front range in Colorado (for a short while longer). There are actually quite a few rabbiteers here. Browse around and make yourself at home!

RoseRiverRabbitry

Just born
Reaction score
Hey y'all, thanks :)
I noticed there is some rabbit people on here, not a whole lot of action going on in the rabbit threads though

We will be in Norman OK when we move down there mid September -beginning of October
Family property, it'll be interesting to see what we will have to set up for all of our animals. Bringing as much of our current farm as we can so we don't have to start over from scratch.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I think it's the hot weather... all the rabbits and rabbiteers are hunkering down trying to stay cool... It's mighty hot out there! Specially where you're headed.

RoseRiverRabbitry

Just born
Reaction score
Yes it will be an interesting change for me. I've lived here in WA my entire life
My hubby is from OK and it's his family owned property we are moving onto as they've been holding it for him waiting for the day he finally decides to move back.
The weather is why we planned to not move until fall, as we will have 4 horses and 12 of our cows in transport and don't want them to over heat on the way down there. The rabbits will be in AC van the lucky little brats
And it'll be interesting to get everything set up for them when e get down there. I currently have 3 horse stalls converted into colonies, I won't have that when we et there, and i definitely don't have enough Cages to put them all in until we do have a new colony set up
I may be scrambling to find any sort of usable cage I can pick up from others in the area for cheap when we get there

Latest posts