Hi from Southern Oklahoma

RedWolfeFarm

Just born
Reaction score
Just joined after lurking once in a while during random google searches for various goat questions. I am on a few other boards but as helpful as they are I see stuff get looked over and ignored a lot of the time and sometimes it has even been for my own questions. So now I am trying to find a forum to call home and get comfy on, maybe find an unused bale of straw to camp on for a while. I am in southern Oklahoma and am new to goats although I have raised and trained many animals from cats to horses, even a few pigs. I decided to get into goats when the price for goat milk started being too expensive for the drive time required and I was usually pretty low on the list as the few people I had found had a very well established customer list so it was either Walmart goat milk or get my own. I mean honestly, who could pass up a goat xD

So I have a mixed herd now and am already looking forward to my first breeding season/milking season and welcome any advice and opinions. Everyone has opinions and just because it may not work for me at this particular time I welcome them all. I have many many questions and some of them people don't feel comfortable answering on other forums because they get flamed for their choices so I also welcome private messages if people feel more comfortable that way. My object is to learn ^_^

I am trying to get into small time homesteading as many in my family myself included have severe allergies which are quickly turning into food allergies. I now have to be VERY selective what goes into my food so I would rather grow/raise it myself and know what goes into it than buy from a store and end up sick as can be from the unknowns. I am a mama to five beautiful daughters and married to a wonderful husband who is starting to question his sanity for saying "Yes" when I asked if we could get a goat or two LOL

VickieB

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, RedWolfeFarm! I'm fairly new to this forum, and new to meat rabbits, which is what I'm raising. I would love to have a couple of milk goats, but live in town so I'm not allowed any. :( I live in Ardmore, so I should be fairly close to you. It's nice to meet you here!