How should I bring them home.

hermityfarmer-women

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We will be bringing a few home, but I am not sure what to pick them up with. Its a 2 hr drive. I have a truck with a topper, but maybe thats overkill? A big box in the back of the minivan??? They are full sized goat babies and age ranges from 2-5 weeks old. I am just having a hard time picturing how small they are going to be lol. I want them to be comfy and safe but don't want to have to spend a million on gas to take the truck if its not necessary. Thoughts would be very much appreciated. In case anyone didn't notice I can't wait until Thursday to pick up my babies!

phoenixmama

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We put an extra large dog crate in the back of my vehicle...it worked fine. I put a few towels down at the bottom so they didn't slide around. We had a 3.5 hour drive when we went to pick up our first two Nubians. They really hollered the whole time...but they had plenty of room.

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I brought my doeling home in the back of my ford esscort a 5 hour drive.... In fact all the babies i brought home that way..My milker came home in the back of a pickup with a top on it i had it bedded down well she just laid down and chewed cude.....

My goat buddie put her full grown nubain doe in the back of her izzu troper for a 2 hours drive :)

I have seen goats show up at shows in the back seats of cars too :)

hermityfarmer-women

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Guess it wasn't crazy to think of putting them in the minivan then rotfl. Probably going to be the minivan then, I don't have a xl dog crate, just an xl dog house hee hee.

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
just put a tarp down first LOL... Goat berries are hard to pick out of your in car speakers :lol:

hermityfarmer-women

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
rotfl, they'd have to be contained in at least a box, i don't it would probably be safe to drive with them hopping around the car:p

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
i never had a box one wouldnt fit, but once the car was moving they stood looking out the back of the hatch back..... people WHO passed us and gave us the funnyist looks ....... be prepared tho i had one holler the whole ride home 2.5 hours in Seattle traffic LOL

PS some people put diapers on them for car rides i never have :)

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I've used an extra large dog box to carry mine around in the past. We also have a truck with a topper. Either way works.