I could not breathe

B.B

Just born
Reaction score
My two dogs and Billie (pygmy) were outside playing tag. Billie jumps and starts her fancy foot work. Well she continues in my patio alongside the pool. I give her a quick NO try to get her to stop cause the pool is right there. I figured she was going to jump on the window sill, but she fancy foot walks (dancing) to the corner and her back leg falls in the pool. Well as I go put the hose down the dogs hear the splashing and we all run over to see whats going on, she falls in. I threw my phone on the table about to jump in and she trying to scream, huffing and puffing she makes it to the side I fall to my knees and grab her collar then using two hands got her out. I could not even talk I was grasping for air. She waaassss mad! I towel dried her off. She feels real soft now; she would not get off my lap. She was huffing and puffing I was in tears. My fianc and I will be looking to buy a pool alarm first thing in the am when Pinch a Penny opens. Better go brush her again, its her favorite. Im jus glad I was outside to hear it. Summer is here already windows are closed and ac is on I dont think I would of heard her if I was in the house.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I know how you feel our buck dove into a pond when he was 2 1/2 months old. We had just brought him home and the boys left the gate open. We chased him across 3 properties when he ran down a log and jumped not realizing what he was going to land on (in the pond). My DH dove in after him ruining a brand new blackberry in the process :rolleyes:

I don't know that I'd be letting your dogs chase your goat though. Dogs are predators and goats are prey. Things happen no matter how good of friends they seem.

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I think stray or even neighborhood dogs are the biggest predator of goats.

One of my Brittanys decided to get into the goat pen and got the you know what shocked out of her. She hasn't even thought about that again. LOL.

My DH has about 6000-7000 volts running thru the goat pen fence. Yikes!!

We have the electric fencing around the chicken pen too. It even keeps turtles out!!

DonnaBelle

B.B

Just born
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, your right. I just have to be carefull. They are only together maybe about 2 hours a day and they play maybe about half that. The other half they are all doing their own thing.

Latest posts