I feel like evil incarnate

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I just sold two baby goats. The moms are out there crying; as is the baby I didn't sell. I feel like a schmuck; but I can't keep every goat I breed. The whole point is to recoup enough to pay for feed for the ones I have left. Why do I feel so guilty? I almost want to go get them back.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You feel guilty because you care. :hugs

They will be fine in a few days and I'm assuming you found good homes for the ones you sold so, they will be fine too. It's just a period of adjustment and morning friends.

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
they went to a woman who just retired and bought a little farm and wants sheep, goats, and chickens as pets. She promised that if for any reason she had to get rid of them she would bring them back to me.

sillystunt

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
man these goats are good! we went to get our doe and left.....my husband turns to me and goes, HoLY she is really depressed! Like he's the goat whisperer.....lol

So we turned around to go back and get her 7 month old son. The owner said when we left he freaked out and was crying( if goats cry, lol) They always hung together and had a sick bond...well nufff said!

They will be OK! Give them extra time from you! Poor mamma's

nightshade

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have already decided that is going to be the hardest part of having goats. Getting rid of the babies because I can not possibly keep them all. I defiantly feel your pain.:hugs

haviris

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Separating mama's and babies is always hard. What I do is get my goats use to being separated from the day they are born (I suppliment w/ a bottle), so by the time they are finally taken away for good they hardly notice.

I don't like to sell them right off thier moms, I'd rather they spend atleast a week separated. It's just alittle less stressful that way.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
I just sold two baby goats. The moms are out there crying; as is the baby I didn't sell. I feel like a schmuck; but I can't keep every goat I breed. The whole point is to recoup enough to pay for feed for the ones I have left. Why do I feel so guilty? I almost want to go get them back.
:hugs

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
dont worry your goats will adjust to 2 goats being gone.itll just take a lil time.