I showed in my first goat show

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I took Iris to a goat show! A first for both of us. She won her class and got reserve champion jr doe.

3787_iris_side.jpg

3787_iris_front.jpg

Afterwords we could be found in a "goat friendly" winery. :cool:

3787_pub.jpg

:lol:

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It was a really small show, but I am glad to have gotten some experience.
She has been bred for Jan kids. I can't wait. :fl

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here's the story. While driving to the fest where they were having the ADGA show, I noticed a sign for a winery on the same road. After a long day at the show, my friend
suggested that we go over and check them out. We asked the owner before unloading the goat if it would be OK to sit outside and have a glass of wine. It was too hot to leave her in my SUV. He said no problem. He even came out and took some pictures of her. Not long into our wine a strong cold front was approaching. I could see the line of very thick black clouds coming from behind where we were sitting. All of a sudden we were hit with a 30 or so mph wind that was at least 20 degrees cooler. (trouble) The owner came out and ordered everyone out of the fields and into the winery. Then he said, "Bring the goat into the winery". Well, she was a big hit. Everyone was taking pictures and laughing about a goat in the winery. That place was real laid back. You could just tell that it was a favorite hangout for the locals.

thats how a goat ended up in the winery. :)

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
What a great day :)

Nice experience with some wins at the show, going to a winery and getting to bring your goat there too! :thumbsup

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here's another picture. She was a hit with everyone. I am not sure who this lady was. She might be the owner.

3787_310451_3614857300606_531481946_n.jpg