I would be happy

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Sounds kinda weird.

btw Jersey bulls are known for being very aggressive and mean. In the last 30 years or so two farmers have been killed by Jersey bulls just in the area around here.

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
Sounds kinda weird.

btw Jersey bulls are known for being very aggressive and mean. In the last 30 years or so two farmers have been killed by Jersey bulls just in the area around here.
I would castrate. Dont :have to warn me about jereys. We have a couple of them in our feedlot. :th theyll charge you through the fence. The sale though isnt that odd. I live in the land of mega dairies

LadyIsabelle2011

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet deal, that calves are adorable. Are you set up for them? :)

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
BrownSheep said:
Straw Hat Kikos said:
Sounds kinda weird.

I would castrate. Dont :have to warn me about jereys. We have a couple of them in our feedlot. :th theyll charge you through the fence. The sale though isnt that odd. I live in the land of mega dairies
Yes, that sounds pretty normal to me. I used to work for Nutrena Feeds/ Cargill, and one of my jobs was picking up bull calves. The dairy farmers were happy to have a reliable buyer for them.

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We have that here too! $20 bull calves. (if only they didn't drink so muck milk in one feeding!!) We also have $10 dairy bucklings. Lamancha, Alpine, Saanen. I took home four 1 2 day old bucklings last feb. Only 1 made it to adulthood. I talked to another girl that had taken 3 home. She only had 1 make it too. :idunno I pretty much had to throw the medicine cabanet at my boy to get him to make it. So thats when I learned that sometimes a $10 goat is more expensive then a $100 goat! (I bought my lamancha doeling around the same time from a "breeder", I never did have to buy extra for her.) The wether has an amazing life though and I cant say I wouldn't do in again.. I did at one point, but after seeing how happy my boy is all grown up I cant say I wont..

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Nope no calves for me. I have the set up at home but I'll only be home for a month so no calves for me.