Just had her 2nd litter!

texasaggieofc

Just born
Reaction score
My Britannia Petite just had her 2nd litter. She was pregnant when we got her, and ended up losing that litter. We rebred her again and she just had 4 kits. :weee

Not in the nest box, mind you. :he

She thought we were giving her a box of straw to do with as she pleased so she moved it inside her house and added her fur to it. Now I'm just hoping this cold snap we have tonight doesn't get to them! :barnie

chicksandrabbitsohmy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
So, what are they on? Are they under her fur? We like to keep our babies inside the garage, but I dont know at what point we can put them out. The winds we have had are constant, and very strong..So, we've kept them in the garage..When can we move them out, do you suppose?

texasaggieofc

Just born
Reaction score
They're in a wood house. Wood floor, two holes one in the front, one in the back for "access". The "house" floor is wood. They're on her fur plus straw. The hutch (which has a wire floor) has been covered with a tarp to retain heat.

texasaggieofc

Just born
Reaction score
Ok, so it's supposed to get down to 56 tonight and we're supposed to have severe storms. Now normally, the cage would be waterproof, but given that they're calling for 40+mph winds and large hail, I don't know that for a fact that it will stay dry. Should I move them to the nestbox and bring them in?

texasaggieofc

Just born
Reaction score
No garage... added an extra tarp to the outside of the cage... they stayed dried and warm. (And I think mama likes the extra shade!)