Kidding watch, Mine and Sassys first, YAY she finally 'em, Pics

farmerJohn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well this is mine and my little girl Sassys first time kidding, her udders are FULLLLLLL, and she had a little discharge this morning, but a skunk has decided to move into the kidding pen, so i had to load her and her brother, Bucky (a wether) to my grandpas barn, GRRRRRRRRRRRR, he had a kidding pen still set up from last spring. Im so nervous.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I hope everything goes well for you. That's funny about the skunk!

What kind of goat is Sassy?

farmerJohn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Shes an African Pygmy Fainting cross, her and her brother, are non fainters :( she is bred to a full blood Fainter, so im hoping for fainting doe babies

farmerJohn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well shes a liar goat, checked her this morning, and no discharge, and i swear her udder bag has shrunk, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, but weve got another snow comming in, so im sure shes gunna wait for that to fall to have it, so i strung a heat lamp up in her kidding pen so if im at work, that new baby wont freeze

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, they do love to make us wait. :D Good luck when she finally decides to kid.

farmerJohn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well, no kids today, and im ok with that, its 9 degrees outside, not counting wind chill, BRRRRRRRRRRR, talk about bitter, but my poor girl, i checked on her a couple minutes ago, shes almost 3 feet wide laying down, im really hoping its just twins at most in there, 2 little doelings, thats what i want

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
You do know about the Doe Code of Honor, don't you? Shhhh, don't talk like that, she'll hear you and keep her legs crossed for another month, then squeeze out one little buckling! :lol:

farmerJohn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
oh good god no, i cant take another month of this, especially not for one buckling, and if its one, its not little, its a monster