Lilac Jacobs Sheep?

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
There is an ad on the local craigslist for a Jacobs Sheep with lilac fleece. Is anybody familiar with this color? It sounds pretty. They are asking $175.

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Guess not. This is the second post that I've made that has been ignored. I guess I don't fit in with the popular cliche.

Reaction score
I'm not popular either ;) I've never heard of them but they sound beautiful, it's probably a light smokey blue grey. Post pics if you get them!

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Sorry, not too many sheep people on this forum. More goat, cow and rabbit. Not really sure why. But there are very few llama/alpaca people on here too.

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
I'm a sheep person and I've not heard of lilac, so I didn't respond. I just googled "lilac jacob" and found lots of pictures. Seems to me the lilac spotted ones are just slightly lighter than the black spotted ones.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Never heard of it but the Jacob sheep are just beautiful! I'd call them up and take a gander at it. It seems like a good price for a Jacob sheep, at least in my area where they are quite scarce. :)

Not many sheeple people on here, much to my dismay, so hang in there with us and add to our numbers? We need more SHEEP! :D

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! I was having a hard time finding info on them and wanted to see if there was such a thing since I'm not a sheep person. I know cows, goats, horse, and chickens but not sheep.

Thanks for responding. :hugs

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey! It's not that you're not popular, it's just that I know next to nothing about Jacob sheep. I'd have responded if you had asked a question about nutrition or breeding, but Lilac Jacobs are out of my miniscule realm of expertise. Good luck, and I like you!

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Could be wrong as I'm new on here but think its early days for numbers of sheep pig and cattle owners on the forum ?????????????????????????. The only thing I know about Jacob is its a good old breed with lots of horns so hence no reply from me :lol: :lol:

patchworkfibers

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Your post just showed up on my Google alerts. I joined this group just so I could reply :)
I raise Jacob Sheep In Georgia
http://www.patchworkfibers.com
and have both black/white and lilac/white Jacob Sheep. Both are registerable.
But - lilac Jacob Sheep are not purple :D They can either be a bluish gray or a chocolate.

Linda