Lily and Colash Kidding Thread

FallViewFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
This is 'Blarneyeggs'. I opened a new user account 'FallViewFarms' as I was having too much difficulty logging in under blarney.

This is our first time kidding. I have 2 bred ND does.

Lily: originally due July 2nd, but I've read that Nigerian Dwarfs 145 days is a more accurate gestation period, so tomorrow is the new day.

9336_img_3757.jpg

Colash: Originally due July 5th, but now we're looking at June 29th. This is what was leaking out last night, nothing to get excited about, right?

9336_img_3751.jpg

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'd be keeping a close eye on Colash, that is a fair amount of "stuff".

FallViewFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Question. Colash had 2 kids about a 1/2 hour ago.THEN the bubble came what is that all about? are there more kids coming? or was her bubble just confused and came out AFTER the kids. pics to follow.

FallViewFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
No more kids yet. I tried to 'bounce' her, but do not know what I am feeling for as this is our first kidding. I believe the 2 we have are boys, tricolored, blue eyes ~or all all babies eyes blue at first? Mom and Dad both are blue eyed.

I gave mom some warm water with dandelion syrup in it (no molasses here). trying to keep the kids warm. she had them in the fire pit of all places and I've been washing the ash from them and Mom.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Blue eyes are a dominant trait in goats. Mom and dad may either be homozygous (all of their babies would be blue eyed) or heterozygous for blue eyes (each baby has 75% chance of being blue eyed).

Dandelion syrup is a new one for me. Is this something you bought or made? What does it taste like? I want to try that. :)

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Has she passed the placenta yet? It is a large red tissue mass that has red bumpy patches on it. Bubbles are usually with a kid and when the bubble breaks the kid comes out.

FallViewFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
First off. THANK YOU Pearce Pastures for talking my out of my hysteria!! Momma has settled in, babies have nursed a little. A little being, not enough for ME to feel okay about it. I did hear back from the vet, she was in surgery today and couldn't be reached during my hour of need, called me back this evening to check on things and will be by tomorrow if I think she needs to. but again, THANK YOU Pearce Pastures.

Ragdollcatlady, the bubble we saw was the placenta, sometimes it can present that way. As I didn't see the first bubble I got confused. So without further comments.. Here is baby number #1(the kids are calling him 'Fat Albert') and Colash:

9336_dsc_0093.jpg

Baby number 2, kids are calling, 'Gutter"? not sure why:
9336_dsc_0098.jpg

FallViewFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Not to be outdone by her sister Lily kidded at about 5 pm tonight. I did not get many good pics, babies were not dried off yet. She had a boy and then finally.. A GIRL!! Hollah!! The whole family was standing outside the goat shed when I check this one out, DH yells, "YAHTZEE!" when I pronounced her a girl. Silly Men.

Here is Lily's lil boy:

9336_dsc_0110.jpg

and FINALLY a girl

9336_dsc_0107.jpg

Missy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:love Those are some B E A U T I F U L babies Congrats :love :love :love

Congrats on the girl :weee