Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't have any pictures yet but I hope to remedy this today.

We have 40 total does to kid this year, starting in November and going through April. So load up on popcorn, this is going to be a long story.

First up are 4 spanish/kiko cross does I bought already bred to this fabulous Savanna buck. They can go anytime starting on November 8th but I think it will be a bit longer than that.

Big Red: She is getting big and bulging out the sides. Her udder is coming in nicely. This is her second kidding
Mocha: She is a little bigger and has just started an udder. This is her first kidding
"P": Nothing I am noticing yet, though she is filling out. This is her second kidding.
Antelope: A little bit of an udder and slightly pudgy. This is her first kidding.

Next are due starting in early December.

Elf and Brownie are girls I bought last year from Goat Hill Kikos. This is their first kidding and they are bred to Bullet, my kiko buck.

Nilla is a kiko girl I bought two years ago. She got meningeal worm last summer and went open due to weakness in her hind end. She has recovered but still wobbles in the back, like she has a loose chassis. This will be her first kidding and she is bred to Bullet.

Ginger, Cleo, Mama, Yogurt and Doeling are all bred to Diaz, my Boer buck.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Oh goody. I can't wait to hear about the does and your goats. I'm hoping all kid without issues and all gave at least twins. Those Spanish/Kiko and now Savanna crosses sound like they will be good goats.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Excited for you and looking forward to baby goatie cuteness!!!! Yes, I am a sheepie person, but those little kids are superliciously adorable! Wishing you a great kidding season with no problems...now...must stock up on tons of popcorn :pop

ksj0225

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm interested in your experience with kiko does with wattles, bred to a boer buck.... What's the percentage of offspring with wattles???

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
ksj0225 said:
I'm interested in your experience with kiko does with wattles, bred to a boer buck.... What's the percentage of offspring with wattles???
Most of them have wattles. I couldn't tell you an exact percantage but it happens more often than not. My neighbor who raises boers brought over two does to breed to my Kiko buck. His cousin who helps on the farm has been begging him for a baby goat with wattles.

I couldn't pictures, too busy nursing my bruises. I will try next weekend.

When we ran the goats this week I noticed Big Red's udder is getting full, Mocha's is starting to fill out, P's has just started and Antelope's is a cute little bitty udder. No other progress.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Big Red's udder is bigger but not quite there yet. P's is starting to show. I checked ligs last night and no progress there. I think we have 2 weeks to get yet. But y'all know goats. They could be pushing right now as I type this from work.

TTs Chicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
But y'akl knwo goats. They could be pushing right now as I type this from work.
:gig isn't that the truth! I have 2 and no idea when they were bred, but I'm fairly sure they will kid this month :fl

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Big Red and Mocha both have discharge. P's ligaments are getting soft. The girls due in December are starting to look round.

Been busy, I am very tired and sore.