Looking for ugly goats

Elwood Lightfoot

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have a 10 acre place in central Oklahoma and would like to buy several goats to help with clearing out weeds and underbrush, I'm not looking for show goats or ones with papers I'm thinking more along the lines of Spanish goats maybe? The larger the better (for reach) Please respond to this post and I will get back to you quickly, I'm aso looking for a good quanity of sheet metal to build sheds, coops ect.. with if you have or know someone please let me know, well used is fine as long as it can still be used
Thanks, Bill

Elwood Lightfoot

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
Emmetts Dairy said:
;) There no such thing as an "ugly" goat.......
Gonna have to disagree... :D
LOL Even though one might be ugly don't mean that it can't still be lovable Maybe I should have just said I was looking for cheap goats I know most aren't cheap anymore but I would like to find some that are affordable and somewhat low maintainance as I understand the Spanish goats are less likely to get worms and most other common parasites and illness' which would be better for my situation and why pretty show goats aren't right for me

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I recomend unregistered crossbreeds and ask a lot of questions. There are good parasite resistant goats of every breed and there are wormy goats of every breed. Ask the seller how often they have to worm or treat their animals and what they are doing. Find ones in a low maintinence herd.

Spanish and Kiko both have a higher tendency towards worm resistance but breed is no guarentee. Neither are inexpensive breeds. I do not know enough about dairy or dwarf goats to make a recomendation on those breeds.

Perhaps you could get some cull animals, if they are being culled for reasons that do not pertain to your needs. If all you want is brush clearance and not breeding, than healthy animals with breeding issues may be available for decent prices. Does who throw single kids, animals with poor teat/scrotal structure and bucks or does with low fertility are all considered defects that do not affect how they eat or parasite resistance.

Around here most breeders want to get rid of open does before winter so that may be a good time to look.

Elwood Lightfoot

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
I recomend unregistered crossbreeds and ask a lot of questions. There are good parasite resistant goats of every breed and there are wormy goats of every breed. Ask the seller how often they have to worm or treat their animals and what they are doing. Find ones in a low maintinence herd.

Spanish and Kiko both have a higher tendency towards worm resistance but breed is no guarentee. Neither are inexpensive breeds. I do not know enough about dairy or dwarf goats to make a recomendation on those breeds.

Perhaps you could get some cull animals, if they are being culled for reasons that do not pertain to your needs. If all you want is brush clearance and not breeding, than healthy animals with breeding issues may be available for decent prices. Does who throw single kids, animals with poor teat/scrotal structure and bucks or does with low fertility are all considered defects that do not affect how they eat or parasite resistance.

Around here most breeders want to get rid of open does before winter so that may be a good time to look.
Thank you thats most helpful, I will look into the breeders that may have culled goats and winters coming up so is a good time to have learned that.