Male Goat with teats

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My new little male goat has a 2 teats one on each side of his gonads.

Is this a normal thing??

Thanks,

DonnaBelle

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Male dogs have nips too. My sister in law thought her dad's dog had an engorged tick on his belly and tried to pick it off... it was one of his superfulous nipples! Poor dog.

Julie_A

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
dianneS said:
Male dogs have nips too. My sister in law thought her dad's dog had an engorged tick on his belly and tried to pick it off... it was one of his superfulous nipples! Poor dog.
OMG! :lol:

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Julie_A said:
dianneS said:
OMG! :lol:
My SIL is a real air head. :th

patandchickens

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yup, I do not believe there are any male mammals without "male nipples" to some degree or another.

Because certain forages (basically clovers) contain estrogenic compounds that can reduce ewes' fertility if they're run on those forages around breeding time, sheep researchers have found that you can do a "bioassay" for whether the pasture has enough estrogenic compounds to cause problems, by running some wethers (you could use rams too, but, why would you? :p) in that field for a couple weeks and see if their teats get larger. (If they do, you shouldn't feed your ewes there). !.

Pat

Latest posts