Manure

Yakudima

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello everyone how do you manage manure? It's marketable like here in Nigeria?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve only been here at this place for a year, lots to do. Haven’t made a garden yet because that’s are 6 run down chicken coops where I want to put it. Slowly tearing them down. I have a couple of pens with shelter that I put up and will relocate them, so will leave that manure behind to plant and grow grass on. I had a garden at my other farm, but sold it and bought this one.

At my other farm, I practiced deep litter, especially in the winter. I packed the night pen and barn with raked up leaves from the trees in the fall. I also used pine shavings and old hay for bedding. In the spring, I cleaned it all out, the packed manure, leaves, hay and pine shavings would be about a foot deep. I spread it in the garden. Sometimes I spread it in the pastures. I will do the same here.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mostly my manure goes to my garden...it's pretty big. The rest to fields. I do supply a friend some for her garden. It can be sold but few customers. Most in town use commercial, out here in country it's mostly home used. The goats are traveling through the pastures and fertilize most of them. I just use it on their less favorite areas.

Latest posts