milk

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome.gif

Becareful about buying raw milk. I'm not sure about IN but, here you can't sell raw milk except to a plant. You can however buy into the cow-in other words joint ownership of the cow. I'm not sure on how trading works.

Good luck!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
welcome as said be careful about buying raw milk from a dairy.

steerrider

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That's what we do around here.. we have shares in a cow.. and when we get a gallon of milk we give the farmer 5.00 for "rent" LOL.. its the wording and all for the more money for the government.. but ya.. you can't buy milk until the government can tax it.. so you have to own the cow, in theory.

armichaele

Just born
Reaction score
In Arkansas it is illegal to sell raw cow's milk for human consumption, but you can buy raw goat's milk. You can sell raw milk if it is labeled for use as animal feed.

Ozark Hen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am sure it is the rule everywhere? But here our neighbor has a dairy, which we know his standards for milking. He trades us milk for eggs, a great deal!

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Ozark Hen said:
I am sure it is the rule everywhere? But here our neighbor has a dairy, which we know his standards for milking. He trades us milk for eggs, a great deal!
Actually there are a number of states where it is perfectly legal to sell raw milk. The rest operate off of cowshares.

Latest posts