Missing lgd

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
E13B770F-96A6-4769-87B9-CCC7169B2E0B.jpeg This guy (Sam) and his partner went missing a couple of mornings ago. Coyote(s)had dug under one of my fences and must have been confronted by the dogs and chased out thru the hole they dug. The dogs went all Rambo enlarging the hole and following. They chased the coyote(s) to a seasonal creek, lost them and meandered - all in the wee hours. We discovered and started searching with clues from our neighbors who didn’t recognize the dogs and didn’t call. The area is densely wooded and some is inaccessible. Today is day 3 and additional info had both dogs chasing a coyote 2 hours before partner came home injured. But no sign of Sam. I’ve papered the neighborhood with fliers, talked to lots of people, social media, shelters and vets. Front gate is open for him. It doesn’t look good but maybe he’ll beat the odds.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dogs are very resilient and home oriented. I've had several go off over the years and stay gone several days with no results in searching, then they suddenly appear back at home. Sometimes no worse for the wear, sometimes showing great evidence of battle (feral hogs mostly) and in need of medical attention.
All in all tho, if one CAN and is able to come home, they almost always DO return home.

Now, if they are male and intact, and they happen to encounter a female in heat, all bets are off. They may stay gone a week before they drag their philandering butts back home.

Good luck.