New Goat Owner

LilFinnGirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello All!
New member and new to owning livestock. We have rented goats from the Amish for clearing brush over the past three years, got tired of getting new goats each time and my partner purchased the does at the end of last season. We have three does, one has two kids and another has one, all about 11-12 weeks old.

Forgive me in advance for my ignorance. I have a lot to learn!

LilFinnGirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Dorper crosses, and some old who-knows what they are.
Started out primarily with training dogs to herd (been doing that since '90) -- now switching over to raise for meat and some dog training. Been quite a journey :)
I can only imagine! Thanks for welcoming me ☺️

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from SE Va. I have goats!! Both meat & dairy. They are great animals but, some individuals can be a challenge 🤣. Very smart animals with fantastic memories. Do you plan to milk yours? What breeds are they?

LilFinnGirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from SE Va. I have goats!! Both meat & dairy. They are great animals but, some individuals can be a challenge 🤣. Very smart animals with fantastic memories. Do you plan to milk yours? What breeds are they?
Thank you! I would love to milk them down the road, but this year I am just letting them feed their kids. I honestly have no idea… two does are likely a Nigerian variety and the other one I couldn’t say. They are a mixed bunch from an Amish farm.

Attachments

• IMG_3737.jpeg
    IMG_3737.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 63