akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You'll know for sure some morning at 4am when there's a strange aaa-rrrroooo-ooooo ;) . Even when you buy pullets there's no 100% guarantee
Absolutely true. I just keep telling myself that I only have hens no roosters. My daughter had a rooster and he was constantly trying to attack people. I wish I could have caught him and put him in the soup pot.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Today has been total chaos. 35 yr old daughter still lives here and I am so done with her crap. She refuses to do anything, has no job and insists that her dad raised her to be that way.😳 I am so over this. Tomorrow is going to be a good day. I am going to get my house organized and get myself to the point of sanity.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I decided today that the little girls needed to be outside so I fixed the small coop to keep the big girls from beating them up and moved them out. Darlin is still protesting those things being in her house

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's not a very good picture but it's what I got.
IMG_20240501_162823.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I kinda feel like I should have had gotten more info on raising chickens before I got them.

No, that’s not the way we do things. Jump in the deep end and learn how to swim! LOL
You can read, study and read some more. Then full of great knowledge, you get the animals and find out you don’t know anything.
In truth, I was a member here for 5 years before I got my first sheep. I learned so much here. Then my sheep took over and the real learning began.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Got up this morning and found that the door on the coop for the little girls came open and 3 of them were hiding behind it from Darlin and Little One. I had to put Darlin and Little One in the kennel and just let the little girls run around the.