Noisy goats

Tapsmom

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi all, My ND's are 4 months old now. I have a whether and a doe. They are in a electroweb fence and have grass(weeds) in their pasture. They have eaten all the browse. We give them hay in the morning and bedtime and the whether gets 1/4 cp Noble goat am and pm and the doeling gets 1 cup am and pm. They also have free choice minerals at all times. They seem to cry A LOT! According to hubby, it is only when the (human) kids and myself are home, but my neighbors have said they have heard them when noone is home. Is this normal for this breed? are they just chatterboxes or could there be a problem? They have plenty of climbing things and a little barn to get out of the elements. I am new to goats and we love our little guys. I just want to make sure I am doing right by them.

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
I don't own Nigerians or Nubians because they are way too noisy!
choir.gif
loudlaff.gif

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
You are doing everything right but, Your goats sound lonely !! Not because of you but because of their schedule . :gig I know that sounds ridiculous but its true . If you started visiting at 4 'o clock every evening for 3 days in a row they might get used to that and miss you . Goats get like schedule !! I would try adding more interesting things like a plastic milk jug filled with grain to let them roll around to get the grain out . If you slowly stop the same process of going there at certain times they may quiet down .. Hope that helps !! :caf

Tapsmom

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LOL. They do seem pretty happy, though. Especially when we go in and spend time with them..or the (human) kids take them for walks. I guess they belong in my family. My daughters are never quiet either! :rolleyes:

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Yah they get lonely like dogs do .. Just be careful not to give them tooo much attention at the same times during the day !!

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OMG my Nigerian Dwarf does are SOOOOO LOUD! They see us in the yard - MAAAH. They hear my car pull in the driveway - MAAAH. The chickens start roosting for the night - MAAAH. Even when I start walking to them - MAAAH MAAAH MAAAH MAAAH MAAAH. And watch out when they go into heat - they hollar like they are being tortured.

Our neighbor has a Saanen - she very quietly stands at the fence and you get this little - meh. It's so cute -- BIG GOAT, little sound.

My goats - 35 pounds of tornado siren!

I love them, I do, really, but it's a good thing they are REALLY cute.

balluba03

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have Nigerians and mine are pretty loud too!! I just assumed all goats were like that. Apparently I was wrong! :/

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
I don't understand .. All the nigerians I have seen including a herd with about 40 goats and I barely heard one bahh !!

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mine don't make a whole lot of noise either. Unless it's feeding time or I'm particularly late with feeding time. Well the little one will bleat back at me if I bleat at her lol. She has last word syndrome just like a little girl.... LOL