Partial Pedigree ?

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Okay so I have had rabbits and they had pedigrees but what is a partial ? Im looking at lionheads for sale and some have this ?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
That's a really good question which I have no idea how to answer, but would like to know myself. :)

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
That's a really good question which I have no idea how to answer, but would like to know myself. :)
Yeah I never even knew there was such a thing haha i feel so dumb :/

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
bluemini said:
Ms. Research said:
Felt that way too in the beginning, but don't fret about "being dumb". I've had rabbits now for 3 months. Knew nothing about them when I purchased them other than they were cute and fuzzy. Now, like yourself, I'm getting involved and learning about them and they are more to us than "cut and fuzzy". IMHO, shake it off, there's never a dumb question, because how are you or I ever going to learn if we don't ask questions. :)

Hopefully someone who knows will reply. If not, I'll find out myself before I purchase a rabbit for my breeding stock. It's important to know their pedigree and their background before you purchase, if you plan to show or breed for show. :)

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
bluemini said:
Ms. Research said:
Felt that way too in the beginning, but don't fret about "being dumb". I've had rabbits now for 3 months. Knew nothing about them when I purchased them other than they were cute and fuzzy. Now, like yourself, I'm getting involved and learning about them and they are more to us than "cut and fuzzy". IMHO, shake it off, there's never a dumb question, because how are you or I ever going to learn if we don't ask questions. :)

Hopefully someone who knows will reply. If not, I'll find out myself before I purchase a rabbit for my breeding stock. It's important to know their pedigree and their background before you purchase, if you plan to show or breed for show. :)
I have had them all my life and used to raise and sell them and I was going to register with the arba but sold them all before I got around too it , I dont go to shows though because we dont have any where I live but im sure on the ohio side they do . Anyways yeah I would love to know , I just feel dumb for not knowing when I raised them with pedigrees for 2 years , I think I messed up somewhere lol

I knew everything on how to care for them but nothing about pedigrees,showing,genes they carry etc . that is so hard for me to learn and I still know nothing :p

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
Partial Pedigree means not a full pedigree ( I should add this to the definition list). Say you get a rabbit. If only the sire's part of pedigree is filled out, It has a partial pedigree.

IMHO, When buying a rabbit, only get one that has a full pedigree. When you breed them, It will be much harder to sell partial ped and no ped show quality kits.

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
woodleighcreek said:
Partial Pedigree means not a full pedigree ( I should add this to the definition list). Say you get a rabbit. If only the sire's part of pedigree is filled out, It has a partial pedigree.

IMHO, When buying a rabbit, only get one that has a full pedigree. When you breed them, It will be much harder to sell partial ped and no ped show quality kits.
Thank you so much ! That makes alot of sense now , and yeah maybe adding it would be good .
I guess thats why they are cheaper , im not buying any just looking im a mini rex person lol never had a lionhead .

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
I love lionheads (Though I have ever had one) But Id have to say, Jersey Woolies are my favourite! :love

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
woodleighcreek said:
I love lionheads (Though I have ever had one) But Id have to say, Jersey Woolies are my favourite! :love
They are so beautiful and I wouldnt mind having a pair just got to find the pair thats right , i just love the Mini Rex fur though . Rabbits are easy to sell here because the only petshop is an hour and a half (at least) away , but thats another reason I wouldnt buy a rabbit around here, people sell mixed breeds just for the money and care less about the health of them and will tell you its one breed when its actually not even close . Thats why I go all the way to ohio ! You get the pedigree and info on them , I have so much respect for breeders like that , breeding for quality and improving the breed I guess you could call it .

:)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
woodleighcreek said:

Yes definitely add it. Thanks so much for the info and the very sound advise. :thumbsup