Pig Water

dkinsley

Herd lurker
Reaction score
We are new to raising pigs. Can I build a pig water pipe made out of 2 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe with pig nipples installed and have the PVC in the stall with the pigs or will they chew through the pipe?

Any information is appreciated.
-Don

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are new to raising pigs. Can I build a pig water pipe made out of 2 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe with pig nipples installed and have the PVC in the stall with the pigs or will they chew through the pipe?

-Don
Pigs are incredibly strong. Kiss that PVC goodbye. I used a blue barrel with a bushing in the side, down low. Screwed a galvanized pipe nipple in it, hog nipple on the pipe nipple. Placed barrel outside the pen, poked nipple through the wire. One barrel, one nipple, 3 pigs, all did fine.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here’s how I built my Pig Palace.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

-Don
The kids a our school use pvc. Just put it on the outside with the water nipples in the pen. It seems to work every year, but I’m no expert.