post-kidding behavior/symptoms

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My doe delivered Sunday with a rough delivery. She is still bleeding just a little bit. It's not much, and I think I read somewhere that this is normal. But, I wanted to double check with people that have been around a doe post-delivery. ??

Also, she isn't eating a ton. We have only had her for just under 2 weeks, so I don't know what she is normally like. Since she has been here she has not been a greedy eater. She ate more the couple of days just before she gave birth, but has tapered off again. I am giving her a sweet pelleted feed and alfalfa. Any suggestions?

And she is on penicillin (she has had 3 out of 5 shots, I will give her another this evening and tomorrow evening).

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
give her some probios for a few days.

If she is penned up, let her get out and get some sunshine.

Is she on pasture or being offered hay?

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
As soon as mine kid, they are hungry and thirsty. Also, have you given her some deworming medicine? If not, it's a good thing to do. Also, hope you dipped the kids navel cord in iodine.

I feed my new Moms three times a day, and check their eyelids and if they are pale, give some Red Cell.

Keep plenty of hay, and fresh water in front of her.

DonnaBelle

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I did give her wormer the day she kidded and dipped the kid's cord in iodine. She has access to hay, sunshine, and water.

I will try the probios and maybe some red cell. Thanks. :)