Pregnant rabbit?????

Black Tie Farms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just got a 6 (almost 7) month old french angora doe this weekend. When I was handling her she felt bloated. I just assumed it was stress from traveling and a new home. But a few days later she was eating, drinking and pooping just fine! So I took her out and was feeling around, I can feel at least 2 lumps behind/under her ribs. Each lump is about the size of 2 ping pong balls. Any ideas? She is also a little shy, kind of, she will come to the door and sniff and when I walk in the room she perks up and looks at me. but when I go to pet her she just hops back to her corner. She has also been digging in the corner of her cage. does any of this mean anything? I have 3 other french angoras but have never bred any of them so I have no idea!

cutechick2010

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, that is hard to say from here, LOL, but it is possible. Although any "lumps" that are baby bunnies should be further back in her abdomen, not under her ribs. Where did you get her? Can you call and ask the person you bought her from if she had been around a buck at all? Even ten seconds can give you a successful breeding.