rabbit remains

VickieB

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
For those of you who live in town, raising rabbits in your backyard, what do you do with the heads and entrails after dispatching? Many cities will not allow you to throw carcasses into your trash, and you risk being fined if caught. I've been told to take them to the country and throw them out for the wild animals to eat, which I've been doing, but I keep thinking there's got to be an easier solution. (Don't suggest feeding it to the dogs. My dogs, who are by my side every time I go outside, run and hide in the back bedroom when they see me gathering up my dispatching tools. They look at me like I'm Jack Nicholson on the Shining on dispatch day... smh)

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Vickie I take my remains to my vet because she rehabs injured wild animals. Is there anyone close to you that might be able to use remains for feeding purposes?

Beachbunny

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Lol Vickie that's too funny about your dogs..mines run when they see me grab Q-tips. Also see if there is a raptor club or some thing of the sorts in your area...they might appreciate that stuff to feed their birds..

VickieB

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Those are both great ideas! I'll check around with the vets, and see if there is a raptor club around. Thanks!

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I sell heads, organs and feet to people in my area like myself, who feed their dogs and cats a RAW diet. Its a bit extra money to help compensate the high cost of food. Dead kits I sell to snake people.

Andrei

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
After the cats finish them then I bury them in the vegetable garden.