ready set kid,,,,,,,, but when

southern oaks

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have a doe that is ready to kid anytime i am sure.. or i think i am. since i am so new (i only have 3 and this is a first for her and me) I am not sure......... she has done everything i have read about. the pawing, stretching, reaching to her right side and talking, her ligaments are gone, her bag is larger than i think a first freshened does should be.. but once again what do i know. her hips are sunken in... anyone that can add any special advice please tell me because i am :he

redtailgal

Reaction score
From what I understand, being :he is not enough. You'll need to be more like :rant :somad :he :barnie :caf :caf :caf :caf :duc :hit :old :smack.

THEN you watch the weather for a nasty storm, plan a trip to town, and she will go right into labor.

:hugs I feel for ya. That waiting business is for the birds.

southern oaks

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I swear i will never leave a buck with my does and not know my dates. its driving me nuts. we were on vacation last week and my house sitter called on thursday and said she going to have it today.. I was sad but knew we couldn't leave till friday as we were visiting our kids and also a friend, whose dad was termial. So I was satisfied i would come home to find my new life on the farm.. since then.. nothing...... so now i spend my day running back and forth to check on her..

buzymom13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:duc

I am with ya! Olivia was bred the same time as my friends' doe. She already has her baby doe... but Olivia is NOT giving up her baby yet!

I'm making many trips to the barn to check on her and sitting and rubbing her belly and neck... but NOOOOOOOO she doesn't want to give it up!

Good Luck!!! :thumbsup

southern oaks

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
From what I understand, being :he is not enough. You'll need to be more like :rant :somad :he :barnie :caf :caf :caf :caf :duc :hit :old :smack.

THEN you watch the weather for a nasty storm, plan a trip to town, and she will go right into labor.

:hugs I feel for ya. That waiting business is for the birds.
thank you, i think! i will add a few more of those along with tired legs to my list. :yuckyuck

southern oaks

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
buzymom13 said:

I am with ya! Olivia was bred the same time as my friends' doe. She already has her baby doe... but Olivia is NOT giving up her baby yet!

I'm making many trips to the barn to check on her and sitting and rubbing her belly and neck... but NOOOOOOOO she doesn't want to give it up!

thanks! and I understand so well about the barn trips and the rubbing and then needing my legs and neck rubbed. ;) good luck to you too

southern oaks

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
southern oaks said:
buzymom13 said:

thanks! and I understand so well about the barn trips and the rubbing and then needing my legs and neck rubbed. ;) good luck to you too
I got twins this evening!!!!!!!!!!!! whoooo hooooo hope you get to rest soon too. !!!!!

southern oaks

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
4719_sdc16327.jpg

my two darling does born 5/24/12...... i am very proud of my first time momma :woot

Tmaxson

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congratulations, they are adorable and mom looks just like one of my does that just had twin boys three weeks ago. Enjoy those babies, they are so much fun.