sad update to doe with diarreah

treeclimber233

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My doe just died. And the other doe that was droopy yesterday died a few minutes later. The skinny baby just drank a good amount of molasses water with probiotics and electrolites. Hopefully he will be ok. I noticed when I moved the two that died their feet and legs were cold to the touch. I is almost 90 here now. How could they be cold to the touch?

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I do not have an answer. I just wanted to say I am so sorry. Sending you lot's of hugs. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

carolinagirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So sorry you lost them. Cold to the touch means they were probably in shock.

treeclimber233

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
called a vet. Another one has dirreaha now. And a temp. I could not take a temp from the first one that died because she fought everything I tried to do to her except milking her. Cross your fingers for me.

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
so sorry for your loss, do you know what cause it yet? they were older does correct?:hugs so sorry.

treeclimber233

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Both of these does were under 3 years old. I think the second doe died of bloat. She had no dirreaha or temp. Actually her temp was low. It was 98-99. And happy news-- the third doe that the vet saw today is up and eating tonight. Hopefully she will get over this. Now I need to give her shots for 4 days.

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So sorry to hear you lost your does. We lost a buckling this week for unknown reasons. We had just banded him two days prior. I am assuming a pain reaction and he stopped eating. Goats are very delicate creatures. :hugs

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost 2 does. :( :hugs

I recently lost my little 9 moth old doeling & her buckling due to complications in labor. So, really, I am feeling the pain you are going through right now. :hugs

I am glad that your other doe is doing better now. Very glad.