Sippo Park Caprines Kidding Thread----Baby Pictures-More Added 5/12/12

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I decided I may as well start a kidding thread for my girls. At least attempting to get good photos will help pass the endless time! So, here are my girls:

This is Adia about 2 weeks ago:
2659_goatsflowers_418.jpg

Adia This Morning:
2659_goatsflowers_458.jpg

Ida 2 weeks ago:
2659_goatsflowers_438.jpg

Ida This Morning:
2659_goatsflowers_451.jpg

Maggie 2 weeks ago (sorry, it's the only similair pic I have):
2659_goatsflowers_443.jpg

Maggie This Morning:
2659_goatsflowers_456.jpg

Flory 2 weeks ago:
2659_goatsflowers_419.jpg

Flory This Morning (she did NOT want her picture taken):
2659_goatsflowers_455.jpg

I think out of them all, Maggie surprised me he most as far as how big she's gotten. I wasn't even sure she was bred, but I'm pretty positive she is now!

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They're all gorgeous, are they all Pygmys?

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you, Adia and Flory are pygmies, Ida and Maggie are Nigerian dwarf.

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I was out feeind everyone about an hour ago, and when I was watching Adia and Ida eating their hay, I saw Ida's babies kicking her sides!! I know a lot of you have been through this at least once if not several times, but these are my first babies and it was so incredible to see! Does this mean she's close to kidding?

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if she's about to pop or not, but I sure can relate to the excitement and am hoping she goes soon, or you might pop!! LOL.

Lenora, my Nubian and first goat to kid, delivered at 11:00 pm at night. She had started having contractions about 5:00 pm that afternoon.

To say I was excited was to put it mildly.... She kidded at 11:00 and at 2:00 am the next morning I was still whirling around the kitchen and running out to the barn every 10 minutes to check on her and the kids.

DH actually went to bed and hollered at me with his firmest voice: Woman, come to bed, you cannot do anything else for those goats tonight!! You'd have to know my husband to appreciate his..

A. being first in bed.

B. Hollering at me.LOL....

So when I read your post, I really had to chuckle. It is a magnificant experience you are about to have.

DonnaBelle

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you DonnaBelle. What your Hubby "hollered" at you sounds just like something mine would say! He's predicting that the sow that's due first and Ida and Adia are all going to go around the same time and I'll be runnign back and forth between the pens and the house like a madwoman!

I just hope everything goes smoothly with all 4 does and both sows! Not as worried about the sows-----I've been through that before and they pretty much like to deliver when no one's around!

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So, I think Ida's getting realy close! Every time I go out to check on her she's either laying down in the shed alone, or laying down in the pen---but gets up and goes to the shed. Her lady parts are really swollen----I'm thinking if not by tomorrow afternoon, then by Tues. afternoon.

I try to keep my mind off it by doing things around the house----folding laundry, doing dishes, even swept and mopped the kitchen floor! Well, at least the silkie chicks are hatching (although slowly). Tomorrow I leave for work at 5:20 a.m.-----that's probably when all the excitement will happen!

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, it's been 14 days since I started this thread, and still no babies!! I really can't believe Ida hasn't kidded yet or how HUGE she has gotten. It ;looks like she has quads in there!

I have no idea of knowing when she, Maggie or Flory (who I'm beginning to question of she's even bred) since all three were bred when I bought them. I don't even have a clue as to what type of bucks they were bred with----except for Flory.

Just thought I'd update-----and I saw quite a bit of goo from Ida this morning, so maybe this weekend? The waiting is excruciating! :barnie

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh I am so excited!!! Ida Louise gave birth to a very healthy little buckling today (of course when nobody was here)! He's so adorable, a beautiful agouti with white markings! I'll post pics tomorrow----Hubby left the cable for the camera at his office.

Ida still looks like she could have another one in there----how long could she go between babies? I got home around 5:20, so not sure when she actually had him---he was all dry and there was only dry blood on Ida's back legs.

Latest posts