The physics, alone, boggles the mind

hbmimsy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how to breed my tiny Nigerian Dwarf to my Miniature goats. We call him Mighty Theseus, because we have high hopes for him. I hope he doesn't fall short. Phoebe is pretty tiny but is still twice his size. Beatrice is three times his size. I know it is possible since my minis are a result of such breedings. I'm told by other breeders, my does should be receptive when they are in heat. It is just, you know, the physics of it all. How do I help the little guy out? I've introduced everyone to each other. Beatrice and Mighty are new to the herd. Puck, my whether, and Phoebe are originals. Eventually I am planning to add a Nigerian Dwarf doe, because SQUEE, ND kids. She should at least be, er, more compatible.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They will get creative and find a way when the does start cycling. How old is Mighty Theseus?

marlowmanor

Reaction score
A bale of hay or large rock would work too. Anything he could stand on for a boost if he needed it. Though I've heard they'll breed the does when they are laying down too. "Where there's a will, there's a way!" I bet he'll figure it out. ;) Once the does go in heat I bet they accommodate him.

hbmimsy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Mighty Theseus was born in February of this year. I think he will need a stool. :lol:

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
One year we had a very short, young ram lamb out with our ewes a bit too long.....he did plenty!! :th