Two belted Galloways due Christmas Eve.

mikecoen

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Mom and daughter came into heat and were AI'd the same afternoon, due in a week.
Since it will be down in single digits and windy with snowfall, they might come tomorrow night? Any bets on a week early to make it exciting?
I will post news and hopefully proud photos once it happens. Merry Christmas to you all, Mike

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I love Belted Galloways! They are beautiful animals. Good luck on the calving!

mikecoen

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
these two, cow and her first calf, are amazingly close together in their prep for calving. We had given them a shot to sync them up and they were AI'd the same day as each other, now let's see how they sync up the calving - they look like they are pretty close to me.
I'll keep you posted but their milk is coming in and they are quite enlarged in the calf exit area.
third calf for Cindy, first calf for Doris, Cindy's first. ClaraBelle now resides in Eastern Colorado, she was Cindy's second.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Many times on the way to see my aunt and uncle, we would pass a farm that had a huge herd of Belted Galloway's. I always wanted to just pull over to the side of the highway and watch them ... nothing like a herd of those beautiful animals in the pasture. Breathtaking.

mikecoen

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
both moms, mother and daughter, are sired by Diesel, former National Western Champion Galloway, dad of these two calves are sired AI by Joshua, a Platinum Lifetime Award winner on the east coast.
I don't know what that portends for this bull and his cousin who will arrive any day, but I hope it means they will be in the gifted and talented program or something.